Name of the project: Learning Teaching Training Course ‘’TOOL4YOUTH”
Date of Project: 17.03.2023. – 23.02.2023.
Hosting organization: BRAVO
Place: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Participants age: 18+
The number of participants: 5
Working language: English
Deadline for applying: 15.02.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Coronavirus disease (COVID -19) is the first pandemic in history to use technology and social media on a large scale to keep people safe, informed, productive, and connected. At the same time, the technology we rely on to stay connected and informed is enabling and amplifying an infodemic that continues to undermine the global response and compromise pandemic control measures. An infodemic is an overabundance of information, both online and offline. It is a deliberate attempt to spread false information in order to undermine the public health response and promote alternative agendas by groups or individuals. Misinformation and disinformation can harm people’s physical and mental health, increase stigma, jeopardize valuable health gains, and lead to poor adherence to public health interventions, reducing their effectiveness and jeopardizing
countries’ ability to stop the pandemic. Misinformation costs lives. Without the necessary confidence and the right information, diagnostic tests will go unused, vaccination campaigns (or campaigns to promote effective vaccines) will not achieve their goals, and the virus will continue to spread. Moreover, disinformation polarizes public debate on issues related to COVID -19, amplifies hate speech, increases the risk of conflict, violence and human rights abuses, and threatens the long-term prospects for promoting democracy, human rights and social cohesion. The digital age has made it easy for anyone to create media. We don’t always know who created something, why they made it, and whether it’s credible. This makes media literacy tricky to learn and teach. Nonetheless, media literacy is an essential skill in the digital age.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
Our most related priority is to promote media literacy and to raise awareness about the false information that is present on a daily basis around the world. We believe that working with youth and youth workers we will take great attention to this issue to the wider community. As we need to make awareness of this global issue.
The main objectives are:
- to increase awareness on what news are fake, and which resources are not trustworthy
- to create a common consciousness to change the societies habits on believing in everything they hear or read
- to promote EU funding projects to the wider community.
- to raise awareness of youth education and its deep effects at local, national and international levels.
- to enhance media literacy skills of youth
- to improve design thinking, creativity, adaptability, resilience, and even empathy.
- to develop communication, teamwork, digital literacy, analyzing, and research skills.
- to create innovative ideas, questioning and problem-solving skills.
- to reach 2000 people with our project and make awareness in the wider community.
- to hand in our production result e-toolkit – comic strip to 1000 people.
- to reach 100 people with Multiplier events
The event will take place in Bosnia to increase the awareness and skills of recognizing fake news of the leaders of the partner organizations. The mobility activity will involve 5 youth workers from each participant country (in total 24 participants). It will be organized by the Bosnian partner.
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization. BRAVO is a professional organization based and focused on knowledge, entrepreneurship, civil society development, non-formal education and innovative learning and development techniques for young people and adults.
What makes this organization outstanding and ready to take responsibility are our key principles: tolerance, democracy, diversity, voluntariness and openness. We promote partnerships between the private sector, public sector and civil society for sustainable community development, advocating for the education of young people with an emphasis on skills needed in the 21st century, investing in entrepreneurship, innovation, non-formal education and sustainable local community development.
WHAT TO BRING:
1) Information about topic from your country
2) Materials of your organization
3) Good mood
4) Medicines and insurance;
5) Original travel e-tickets and invoices like train tickets, bus tickets etc.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – 25€ per participant
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 15.02.2023.
- Selection results: 20.02.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org