BRAVO - Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities
Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization. BRAVO is a professional organization based and focused on knowledge, entrepreneurship, civil society development, non-formal education and innovative learning and development techniques for young people and adults.
What makes this organization outstanding and ready to take responsibility are our key principles: tolerance, democracy, diversity, voluntariness and openness. We promote partnerships between the private sector, public sector and civil society for sustainable community development, advocating for the education of young people with an emphasis on skills needed in the 21st century, investing in entrepreneurship, innovation, non-formal education and sustainable local community development.
Our teams work in the following fields/topics: Human Rights, Anti-Trafficking, People With Disabilities, Reproductive Health and STDs, Gender Equality and Combating Gender-Based Violence, Sports on a Daily Basis, Audio and Video Production, People with Fewer Opportunities, Organizing events, Entrepreneurship, IT and ICT, Technology, Humanitarian Actions, National and International Projects, Support in a Fight Against Criminal and Corruption, Startup Support, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Fake News & Fake Media, Refugee and Migrants, Creative Actions, but at the same time we work on publishing books, brochures, newsletters, flyers, affiliations and other publications, as well as a lot of others activities.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
BRAVO FIELDS OF WORK
Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization. BRAVO is a professional organization based and focused on knowledge, entrepreneurship, civil society development, non-formal education and innovative learning and development techniques for young people and adults. What makes this organization outstanding and ready to take responsibility are our key principles: tolerance, democracy, diversity, voluntariness, and openness. We promote partnerships between the private, sector public sector and civil society for sustainable community development, advocating for the education of young people with an emphasis on skills needed in the 21st century, investing in entrepreneurship, innovation, non-formal education, and sustainable local community development.
Our teams work in the following fields/topics: Human Rights, Anti-Trafficking, People with disabilities, Reproductive health and STDs, Gender Equality and Combating Gender-Based Violence, Sports on a Daily Basis, Audio and Video Production, People with Fewer Opportunities, Organizing Events, Entrepreneurship, IT and ICT, Technology, Humanitarian Actions, National and International Projects, Support in Fight Against Criminal and Corruption, Accelerating Startups, Industry 4.0, Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Refugee and Migrants, Creative Actions, but at the same time we are working on publishing books, brochures, newsletters, flyers, affiliations and other publications, as well as a lot of others activities.
Our general target group is youth in the 15 – 35 age range, but we focus on all people in need of help and our support. Bearing that in mind, we say that we care for people from 3 to 103. The focus of our organization is on international projects, including all sectors and topics above, but at the same time on working with people with fewer opportunities and taking care of European values and principles. We work with institutions for people with disabilities such as institutions for deaf and blind people. Through our activities, in cooperation with institutions and organizations led by people with disabilities, we teach silent language and do sports activities with blind people. While working on projects as coordinators or hosting organization, we love to bring participants to one of these two institutions and give them an opportunity to learn something totally new.
- Providing equal opportunities for youth to productively participate in all processes of national development
- Enabling the youth to realize their full potential
- Reflecting youth issues in all relevant policies and policy documents
Education and training
- Accessibility to affordable and quality formal and non-formal education and career counselling for youth ensured
- Granting special priority to young people who want to take vocational training and skill-oriented education
- Equipping the youth with relevant skills for the labour market.
- Soft skills
- Public speaking and communication
- Combating gender – based violence
- Actively promoting youth employment at national, provincial, district and constituency levels
- Reducing the level of unemployment among the youth by 10 percent annually
- Increasing the involvement of youth in the main economic growth sectors
- Industry 4.0, startup acceleration programs and new technology
GOALS AND ACTIVITES OF THE ORGANIZATION ARE:
- Advocating the promotion of democracy and democratic values in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the EU
- Active involvement in the promotion of European standards in the field of public policies
- Supporting civil society values
- Supporting the fight against crime and corruption
- Advocating ecology and environmental protection
- Advocating gender equality and human rights
- Assistance and support in the promotion of culture and sport
- Active involvement in promoting socially responsible entrepreneurship
- Advocating the promotion of tolerant relations among citizens of B&H of different nationalities and ethnicity
- Active involvement in the promotion of altruism and social solidarity through organizing humanitarian, cultural, sports, and educational events to enable implementing activities of the organization in accordance with the law
- Working with institutions for people with disabilities
- Assistance and support in identifying the interest and needs of citizens regarding the government
- Active involvement in the promotion of the development of local authorities, democracy, and political participation
- Cooperation with the same or similar organizations and government institutions, both domestic and foreign, to implement activities of the organization in accordance with the law
- Publishing books, brochures, leaflets, flyers, and other publications, as well as starting a website for the needs of the members of the organization for the purpose of carrying out activities of the organization in accordance with the law
- Organizing roundtables, symposiums, debates, counselling, workshops, public debates, and other events independently or in cooperation with other legal entities in order to implement activities of the organization in accordance with the law
- Daily work with youth with disabilities
- Changing the start-up ecosystem in the CEE region
- Organizing trainings and workshops in the field of entrepreneurship, as well as raise awareness of the significance of self-employability
- Offer business knowledge for expansion of already existing companies
- Collect and elaborate expert literature in the field of methodology for training for adults and youth
- Collect and disseminate the comprehensive knowledge for the different working methodology and enable constant development of BRAVO working tools
- Facilitate, coordinate, and implement projects in sustainable economic development
- Increase qualities of the SPORTS in WB and the EU
- Encourage regional and international cooperation and exchange
- Constant institutional/organizational development
Our vision is to become the leading organization not only in Bosnia and Herzegovina, but also in the Western Balkans that will:
- Bring together young leaders in order to serve them as the most successful platform for the transfer of new knowledge, business opportunities and tools necessary to positively influence the often negative circumstances in the region,
- Support young people in sports to work and develop on the international level,
- Bring together professionals from the areas of business and sports with the aim of learning and presenting good practices from around the world, especially European institutions and organizations, in order to apply these good practices in Bosnia and Herzegovina and therefore support the development of business and sports in B&H and the whole region of Western Balkans.
Firmly inspired by our vision, numerous BRAVO members are dedicated to promoting lifelong commitment in order to bring such ideas to life. Young people with various hobbies and backgrounds – from social activists, sport, art and IT enthusiasts, youngsters with interests in media, economy, law, security, etc – are gathered in one organization in order to translate the mentioned interests into concrete benefits for the social community, all while respecting the next principles and values: discipline, commitment, teamwork and collective responsibility, originality, safety, respect, integrity, transparency, diversity and openness.
Besides a plethora of locally implemented activities, 20 local partners, and 20 local projects, BRAVO has, for several years, served as one of the most successful platforms in Bosnia and Herzegovina for engaging more than several hundred members in learning about and experiencing Erasmus plus and other European programs.
BRAVO’s mission to spread such knowledge around and engage youth in opportunities they deserve – was enabled, among other things, by their commitment to gaining valuable partnerships. So, today, with 440 international partners and 69 implemented international projects, BRAVO’s growth towards the above described vision is constant and promising.
Our vocation is easily inspiring others, since awareness raising campaigns, careful research during the preparatory phase of the projects, calls for new projects and training participants, language courses, and similar activities are followed by almost 8 000 followers on different social media channels.
Every BRAVO team, from social media, to project and event team, as well as special teams for specific project preparations is functioning upon described values and serves as a space for both personal and professional growth to its members, as well as reliable networks of young people to implement all phases of the project.
- Promote and support youth-friendly programs aimed at responsible sexual behaviour
- Establish youth health clubs for creating an easy environment to have discussions on youth health and to conduct coeval education programs.
- Make arrangements for the availability of a youth health expert on demand from such clubs
- Implement awareness programs and provide information about matters like healthy environments for a healthy life, healthy food, and procreative health
- Launch awareness programs for protecting adolescent boys and girls against sexual violence likely to occur against them in a workplace
- Provide education regarding the importance of reproductive health and STD-s
- Combating anti-trafficking
- Promote active participation of youth in the protection of their environment
- Increase innovation in environmental management
- Educate people about the importance of green cities and healthy lifestyles
- Work on creating green roofs and fields
- Environmental awareness
- Create tools for eco-friendly behavior
Youth and Non-Formal Education
- Improve access to information for the youth
- Enhance employment opportunities for the youth in the sector of media
- Communication management
- Social media management
- Media as a non-formal education tool
- Combating hate speech and fake news
- Support in fight against crime and corruption
- Work with people with fewer opportunities
- Work with people with disabilities
- International and national projects for inclusion
- Gender equality
Arts and Culture
- Facilitate the promotion of local arts and culture among the youth
- Ensure the protection of local arts and culture
- Enhance the contribution of arts and culture to the national economy
- Hip hop music and dance
- Street art
- Video and audio production
- Stop animation
Sport and Recreation
- Ensure accessibility to sports and recreational facilities in urban and rural areas
- Enhance social responsibility of the youth through the use of sports
- Promote traditional games for tourism promotion and as a means of the preservation of cultures
- Promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Inclusion through sports
- Education through sports
- Sport as a tool for developing businesses