- Name of the project: Youth Exchange “Inter Civilizational Culinary Arts From Anatolia to Europe”
- Date of Project: 15.12.2023. – 24.12.2023.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’The World Ethnosport Confederation’’
- Place: Istanbul, Turkiye
- Participants age: 16+
- The number of participants: 5
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 19.11.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
This Erasmus+ Youth Exchange project aims to bring a new perspective on nutrition and health, emphasizing the place and importance of food in our culture. The project addresses the basics of good nutrition, healthy food processing, and preparation methods. It encourages cultural exchange by enabling participants from different countries to introduce each other to their traditional dishes. An important part of this process is the preservation of forgotten traditional dishes and transferring this valuable heritage to future generations.
Another important aspect of the project is to examine the relationships between nutrition, sports, and healthy living and to raise awareness of these issues. In this context, the overall aim of the project is to promote social inclusion and interaction through traditional cuisine and cultural exchange. In particular, the inclusion of individuals with limited economic, geographical, cultural, and social opportunities is intended to enable them to benefit from this rich cultural interaction and share their own experiences. In this way, the project aims to foster mutual understanding and respect among the project participants and to raise awareness about healthy lifestyles within a broad cultural framework.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Cultural Exchange and Heritage Preservation: Facilitate the exchange of traditional dishes among participants from different countries. Preserve and document forgotten traditional dishes, ensuring their transfer to future generations.
- Nutrition Education: Educate participants on the basics of good nutrition, emphasizing the role of food in our culture. Promote healthy food processing and preparation methods.
- Interdisciplinary Exploration: Raise awareness about the holistic benefits of a healthy lifestyle within a cultural context.
- Social Inclusion: Foster social inclusion by actively involving individuals with limited economic, geographical, cultural, and social opportunities. Provide a platform for these individuals to participate in and benefit from cultural interactions related to traditional cuisine.
- Mutual Understanding and Respect: Encourage mutual understanding and respect among project participants through shared cultural experiences.
Participants must be between 16 and 30 years old. This age group is typically energetic, open to new experiences, and eager to engage in cultural exchanges. They must show interest in Culinary Arts and Culture, particularly in exploring the intersection of food and culture. Participants should be enthusiastic about learning and sharing knowledge regarding traditional and contemporary culinary practices. Participants should be open-minded and respectful towards cultural diversity and eager to engage in intercultural dialogue.
While a specific educational background is not mandatory, participants with a background in gastronomy, cultural studies, anthropology, or related fields may find the program particularly enriching. Good communication skills, including proficiency in English, as it is likely to be the common language of the project. The ability to express ideas clearly and engage in group discussions is important. A disposition towards teamwork and collaboration, as the project will involve group activities and workshops. Participants should be willing to work cooperatively with others from diverse backgrounds
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants of the project will be accommodated in a hotel located near the event venue. The rooms will be gender-segregated, with 2-3 participants sharing each room. These accommodations will be fully equipped with all essential technical amenities. The project will cover all accommodation and food expenses, which include three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) as well as warm beverages during breaks.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully Covered
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 19.11.2023.
- Selection results: 21.11.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com