Name of the project: ”EMBRACE”
Date of Project: 11.12 – 20.12.2022.
Sending organization: ”BRAVO”
Hosting organization: Armenian Progressive Youth
Place: Dilijan, Armenia
Participants’ age: 16 – 30
The number of participants: 5
Working language: English
Deadline for applying: 19.11.2022.
This project is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus Plus Program. This publication reflects the view only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. By Erasmus+ rules organizers will cover travel costs, accommodation and food.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
“EMBRACE! Embracing Diversity through Cultural Exchange” is a Youth Exchange project designed by groups of young people based in the European Union (Italy, Spain and Portugal) and the Neighboring Partner countries (Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Georgia).
The project is born out of our concern that many young people in Europe lack opportunities and spaces to get involved and express themselves. Being different from mainstream societies, many are excluded and marginalized. The education system, family, the media and politics have developed certain patterns of our behavior: fear of uncertainty, being judgmental, rejecting the unknown and excluding differences. These are patterns that are often strongly connected to our societal habits and, therefore, can be changed. This is why we as young people from different parts of Europe have developed this project, learning and sharing how to implement a culture of diversity in our daily environments.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
This Youth Exchange has been designed for young people so that they can incorporate diversity awareness and behavior in their daily lives. The Youth Exchange has the following main objectives:
- Encouraging young people to develop diversity orientation in their lives and build their knowledge on anti-discrimination, diversity, human rights and European values;
- Promoting appreciating and celebrating European diversity and awareness on European values;
- Fostering intercultural dialogue, intercultural communication, deradicalization, tolerance and cultural acceptance among young people;
- Discussing how Intercultural Learning can be used as a tool against radicalization and exchange ideas on the concepts of intercultural society;
- Strengthening cooperation between involved young people and organizations based in the EU and non-EU countries;
- Developing joint follow-up projects on diversity and anti-discrimination within the Erasmus+ program
The Youth Exchange is intended for 30 young people aged 16-25 who are ready to learn and share on the topics of diversity, inclusion and anti-discrimination and act both at national and the European levels. The Exchange targets mainly young people to equip them with knowledge, skills, and attitudes on the topic. Despite of the fields and walks of life where the young people come from, in order to be selected they should have a motivation to improve their understanding of diversity and different cultures and have a feeling that it is relevant and important in their lives
ABOUT HOST ORGANIZATION
Armenian Progressive Youth is a non-profit, non-political organization aiming to support, inspire and engage young people from Armenia and all over the world to develop their social leadership skills, to take their civic responsibility and to act as change-makers. Through our projects, initiatives and non-formal education tools we help young people to succeed, ensuring that they develop their knowledge, skills, attitudes and competences to fit to the modern world. Our organization believes that progressive, educated, skillful, open-minded and engaged young people possess all the power to become actors of change in Armenia and beyond. Because youth is not only the future, but the present!
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
The Training Course will take place from the 11th to the 20th of December, 2022 in Armenia. The 11th of December is Arrival Day. The 20th of December is Departure Day.
NOTE! You can arrive a couple of days earlier or stay a couple of days longer to see around or to travel a bit. However, this should be done at your own expense. The Hosting organization can help you to find accommodation for extra days, but you should bear those extra costs.
While planning your trip to Armenia, you are recommended to reach Yerevan through Yerevan Internation Airport (Zvartnots).
People traveling from Bosnia and Herzegovina will need a visa to enter Armenia. All the visa costs will be covered by organizers upon presentation of original receipts. Travel budget is 360 EUR.
During the Training Course, the participants will be accommodated in Dilijan, Armenia.
The website of the hotel: http://vanatun.am/
Located in Haghartsin, Vanatun Monastery Stay has a restaurant, garden and terrace. At the hotel, the rooms include a wardrobe. Featuring a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries. During the activity, food will be prepared by experienced cooks, provided at the venue. Three meals and two coffee breaks per day will be provided.
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 19.11.2022.
- Selection results: 21.11.2022.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org