- Type of the project: Long-term ESC
- Date of Project: 01.09.2023. – 30.06.2024.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’Pekarna Magdalenske’’
- Place: Maribor, Slovenia
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 3
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 27.07.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The ESC project is a voluntary program aimed at empowering and supporting young volunteers from the local community. Participants will play a crucial role in various weekly volunteering activities, including providing free tutoring, socializing with children and young people facing fewer opportunities, running workshops for immigrant children, film education, theatre, urban walks, and discussions on the climate crisis.
The project is organized into five key activities:
- Voluntary program “Young people for young people”
ESC volunteers will help young volunteers from the local community in their weekly volunteering activities from providing free tutoring, socializing with children and young people with fewer opportunities, running workshops with and for immigrant children, to film education, theatre, urban walks and reflection on the city, and addressing the causes and consequences of the climate crisis.
- Planning activities together with fellow ESC volunteers and young volunteers from the local community at meetings in person and over Discord;
- preparation of the space intended for workshops;
- taking photos;
- executing the activities with local volunteers.
- Volunteering Festival and Day for Change
- In addition to implementing volunteering programmes and promoting volunteering among young people, our organisation has been working for many years to develop volunteering and to co-create the systemic conditions that would enable this development in the local community. Volunteering Festival and Day for Change are annual events through which the importance of volunteering is emphasized.
- Planning activities together co-workers and with fellow ESC volunteers;
- helping to carry out the activites;
- promotion of events.
- Critical literacy workshops
ESC volunteers will help with critical literacy workshops for highschool students and young participants of the NEET program on topics such as climate change, critical media literacy, labor rights etc. The aim of the program is to equip young people with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools for the critical analysis of the political and economic system in which we live, as well as to encourage them to be more socially engaged and foster solidarity.
- ESC promotions
Presentation and promotion of the ESC program in secondary schools, universities, and youth centers such as Youth home Maribor and the NEET program. By advocating the ESC program, we encourage youth, especially those with fewer opportunities in Maribor, to participate in European Solidarity Corps projects.
- Aged 18-30
- Keen to participate in climate change activities and/or cultural activities with a focus on contemporary art and short film and/or in activities concerning contemporary social and political struggles
- Friendly, engaged, enjoy meeting new people, and keen to experience different cultures
- Have experience in the NGO sector
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
Pekarna Magdalenske mreže is a non-governmental, non-profit institution, founded in 1997. Our organization is one of the leading cultural producers in the complex of Cultural Centre Pekarna, as well as in the city of Maribor, with a focus on independent, ‘alternative’, under-represented forms of art, culture, and youth programs. Program-wise our organization works in three main areas: independent culture, youth/volunteer work and civil engagement. Our cultural program includes organization, co-organization, promotion and realization of non-profit cultural events, mainly from the fields of visual arts, films, photography, and theatre, which find it harder to gain recognition within the established environment and are actually shaping the distinct program image of the Cultural Centre Pekarna, paying special attention to the idea and message behind them. We are also the home of Aunt Rosa Library – named after Rosa Luxemburg, a library with radical and critically engaged literature.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will be accommodated in a shared student apartment with their own room close to the office and the city center. Coverage of all living costs such as electricity, water, gas, and internet will be fully covered and participants will have a monthly financial allowance.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully Covered
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 27.07.2023.
- Selection results: 03.08.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com