- Name of the project: Youth Exchange ”Kaleidoscope’’
- Date of Project: 02.12. – 09.12.2023
- Hosting Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Place: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Participants age: 16+
- The number of participants: 20
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 22.11.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
In recent years we have seen an increase in the number of beliefs and attitudes against the values that define European citizenship throughout Europe. The increase in racist behavior, beliefs against migrants, anti-diversity attitudes, etc. concerns us from the perspective of a tolerant, solidary, and inclusive society.
Experiential learning is a great factor in initiating change, and we strongly believe in the old motto of the program “Opening minds, changing lives”, therefore, this youth exchange project is proposed as an evidential learning experience in which to share with other young people their realities, to be acquainted with other religions and cultures, being the spark to generate a change in the face of hate speech.
The primary goal of the project is to combat the wave of intolerance by providing a platform for youth from the Canary Islands (Spain) and Bosnia and Herzegovina to engage in meaningful dialogue, share their unique perspectives, and build connections that transcend cultural and geographical boundaries.
The project will adopt a multifaceted approach, combining cultural exchange, interactive workshops, and collaborative activities to create an immersive learning environment. Participants will have the opportunity to explore each other’s realities, religions, and cultures, fostering a deeper understanding of the shared human experience. The exchange will be structured to encourage open communication, breaking down the barriers that fuel hate speech and divisive attitudes.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Promote Respect for Diversity and Counter Hate Speech: Through interactive workshops, discussions, and cultural exchange activities, participants will gain insights into the richness of diversity and learn strategies to prevent and address hate speech in their communities.
- Provide Insights into Europe’s History and Socio-political Realities: The project seeks to broaden participants’ understanding of Europe’s history and socio-political landscapes. Through guided tours, expert-led sessions, and collaborative projects, participants will gain a perspective on the complexities of European history, fostering critical thinking and breaking stereotypes.
- Empower Young People with Few Resources to Become Active Agents of Change: By providing opportunities for young people with limited resources and those at risk of exclusion, the project aims to equip them with essential skills for personal development and community engagement.
- Celebrate the Diversity of Europe’s Cultures: The project seeks to celebrate the kaleidoscope of cultures that define Europe. Through cultural exchange activities, arts initiatives, and community events, participants will be encouraged to embrace and appreciate the diversity within Europe.
IMPACT ON PARTICIPANTS
Participants will develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for the rich tapestry of European cultures through firsthand experiences, fostering a sense of unity in diversity. Engaging in intercultural and interreligious dialogue, participants will cultivate empathy and respect for diverse beliefs, contributing to the development of a more inclusive and tolerant perspective. By delving into the historical roots and consequences of hate speech, participants will gain a critical awareness of its impact on societies, helping them become proactive agents against such destructive narratives. Through interactive workshops and shared experiences, participants will develop the skills necessary for effective intercultural and interreligious dialogue, promoting mutual understanding and breaking down barriers that contribute to prejudice.
It is created for young people over 18 years old who are eager to extend their knowledge, upgrade their skills, and broaden their horizons. They should be open-minded and respectful towards cultural diversity and eager to engage in intercultural dialogue.
Participants must be able to communicate in English. Participants must attend all training sessions and actively participate in them. Participants should be willing to work cooperatively with others from diverse backgrounds.
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
The Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO) is non-profit and non-governmental organization. The things that make this organization outstanding and ready to assume responsibility are core principles: tolerance, democracy, diversity, voluntariness, and openness.
Our teams are working in the following fields/topics: Human Rights, Anti-Trafficking, People with disabilities, Reproductive health and STDs, Gender Equality and Combating Gender-Based Violence, Sports on a daily basis, Audio and Video production, People with fewer opportunities, Organizing events, Entrepreneurship, IT and ICT, Technology, Humanitarian actions, National and International projects, Support in fight against Criminal and Corruption, Accelerating start-ups, Industry 4.0, Entrepreneurship, Project management, Refugees and Migrants, Creative Actions, but at the same time we are working on publishing books, brochures, newsletters, flyers, affiliations, and other publications, and a lot of other activities.
Our general target group is youth within the age range of 15 to 35, but we focus on all people in need of help and our support. Bearing that in mind, we say that we care for people from 3 to 103. The focus of our organization is on international projects, including all sectors and topics mentioned above, but at the same time, working with people with fewer opportunities and taking care of European values and principles. We are working with institutions for people with disabilities, such as institutions for deaf and blind people.
Through our activities, in cooperation with institutions and organizations led by people with disabilities, we are teaching silent language and doing sports activities with blind people. In our projects as coordinators or hosting organizations, we love to bring participants to one of these two institutions and give them an opportunity to learn something totally new.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will be accommodated in Hotel BM International
Pijačna 2, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina HOTEL BM INTERNATIONAL
The hotel is located on the main road between the city center and the smaller city center called Ilidža. It has parking for guests, and two tram stops are only a couple of minutes away. Whether it’s about individuals or entire families, the hotel offers tourists comfort and quality service, and business customers can even rent an office or business premises for several days as needed. Hotel BM International apartments have separate bedrooms, a separate kitchen with a dining area, mini-bar, and bathroom with toilet. Cable TV, telephone and free internet access over a wireless network are just a few of the details included in this offer. During the stay, food will be prepared by experienced cooks, provided at the venue. Three meals and two coffee breaks per day will be provided.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully Covered
The idea of this project is to create the second Youth Exchange in the Canary Islands, Spain. Both Youth Exchanges will gather 20 participants from BiH and 20 participants from Canary Islands. All participants that take part in the Youth Exchange in Sarajevo will have priority in the selection process for the Youth Exchange in the Canary Islands, Spain, which will be held (we hope) in 2024.
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 22.11.2023.
- Selection results: 24.11.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com