- Name of the project: ESC Short-Term Volunteering
- Date of Project: 55 days (starting in May)
- Hosting organization: “Turkey Youth Foundation”
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Place: Istanbul, Turkiye
- Participants age: 18 – 30
- The number of participants: 2
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 24.04.2022.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
ACTIVITIES OF THE PROJECT
- Youngsters (preferably with fewer opportunities) between 18 and 30 years old;
- Motivated to participate in volunteer actions and activities that enable the development of skills key, experiences, and learning;
- With little or no experience in volunteering activities promoted by ESC (or previous EVS);
- Aware of their role and be able to participate in all phases of the volunteer activity in which they will be involved;
- Interested in participating and contributing to volunteer activities that are oriented towards priorities and values of European countries promoted by Erasmus+ and the ESC;
- Has knowledge of Erasmus Plus and European Solidarity Corps projects.
The project pursues the following objectives:
- Exchanging experiences, best practices and knowledge between youth workers and youth organizations on gender mainstreaming and women empowerment;
- Developing participant’s knowledge and understanding of various concepts related to gender and emphasizing the importance of gender equality in youth work;
- Providing space for learning about gender issues by sharing and comparing the realities in the European Union and the Neighboring Partner countries;
- Promoting gender sensitivity in youth work and gender-sensitive approach in the participating organizations;
- Facilitating networking among participants and promoting development of joint projects under Erasmus+ promoting gender equality;
- Developing quality support systems for youth activities and capacities of youth organizations to develop partnerships.
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
Founded in Turkey in 2014, the Turkish Youth Foundation is one of the largest non-governmental organizations in Turkey with over 100 professional employees, 300,000 volunteer members, robotic coding workshops in 39 cities, and 42 dormitories. It includes 14 coordinators operating in the fields of sports, women, entrepreneurship, media, education, culture and arts, career, partnership, high school, and university. It aims to contribute by supporting the social, physical, mental, psychological, and spiritual development of young people all over the world, especially in Turkey, and to teach them to be productive, progressive, innovative, and valuable to our world. Turkey Youth Foundation, which welcomes all people who feel young, regardless of age, as its target group, has experience running more than 200 national and international projects. Our mission is to contribute to the formation of innovative and qualified human value, which constantly improves itself, and attaches importance to cultural accumulation, by observing the social, physical, mental, spiritual, and spiritual development of the youth. Our vision is to be a foundation that raises the generations that will regenerate and build our civilization.
ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD
Participants will be accommodated in an individual room in an apartment with all the living conditions required by the Erasmus+ program (rent, water, electricity, gas and Wi-Fi for free).
Participants will be given pocket money of 5€/per day every month + food support (150€ per month);
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – 275€ per participant
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 24.04.2023.
- Selection results: 26.04.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org