- Name of the project: “Western Balkans Youth Together for a Shared Future”
- Date of Project: 25/05/2020 – 31/05/2020
- Applicant organization: “Institute for Democracy, Media & Culture (IDMC)”
- Hosting organization: “IDCM, BRAVO, Sombor Youth Boom and MERSP”
- Sending organization: “BRAVO”
- Place: Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia and Bosnia Herzegovina + North Macedonia (only for participants)
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 12 (2 from each country)
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 29.02.2020.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The “Western Balkans Youth Together for a Shared Future!” project funded by the Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO), an institutional mechanism, founded by the Western Balkans 6 participants (WB6): Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North spirit of reconciliation and cooperation between the youth in the region through youth exchange programs.
The project is under the implementation of the Institute for Democracy, Media & Culture (IDMC), in collaboration with regional partners Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO), Sombor Youth Boom and the Network for the Education and the Development of the Supportive Service for the Persons with Disabilities (MERSP).
The project consists on a study visit with experts in the field, representatives from different CSOs and media. The aim of this tour is to raise awareness on the consequences of the totalitarian regimes in the region and their threats in the present times. The young representatives will be given the opportunity for a mutual and better understanding of the past to break their stereotypes.
The target group are 12 young people from WB6 aged 18-30 years old, 2 participants from each Contracting Parties – 1 female and 1 male. Because of the attractiveness and transparency the selection will be done through this open call which will require motivational letter and short interview (if needed) adjusted for the generations of the participants. The final selection will be done by the project coordinators since they are the ones who know the best the reality and the needs of the youth on local level.
This project aims to bring young people in WB6 closer to each other and to get to know them with the consequences of totalitarian regimes in WB through guided study visits in former internment camps, former political prisons, labour camps, memorial places and museums, where they will have to learn from two perspectives: on one side of the first hand source – contemporary witnesses; and on the other side – experts in the field or historians.
The activities of the project will include: documentary screening, presentation on memorialisation policies, study visits on memory places in Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Kosovo. The participants will be asked to keep notes of their impressions during this study visit, which are going to be used later for creating a booklet about it which is going to be published.
- Age 18 – 30 years old
- Be interested and motivated to participate during all duration of the study visit Has good knowledge of English
- Did not have the chance to travel through the region before
- Willing to share their experience with the partner organizations
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered by the leading organization. The travel expenses will be reimbursed upon collecting all tickets and invoices and calculating all costs.
If you are interested to participate, please APPLY HERE not later then 29.02.2020.
NO PARTICIPATION FEE!
IDMC and its partners are supported by RYCO within the second Open Call for Project Proposals co-financed by the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund.