BRAVO announces a call for 1 volunteer for an ESC in Barcelos, Portugal from September 2020. for citizens of B&H and those living in this country.
Name of the project: “Better Together”
Type of the activity: European Solidarity Corps – Volunteering Project
Date of Project: From September 2020 – ESC stage duration: 12 months
Hosing organization: SOPRO – Solidarity and Promotion
Sending organization: “BRAVO”
Place: Barcelos, Portugal
Participants: 18 – 30 years old
Working language: English – Portuguese
Deadline for applying: 23.02.2021.
Due to the COVID-19 situation all over the world, we inform you about possible date changes and all other information related to this issue.
The “Better Together” is a project that aims to provide opportunities for young people with fewer opportunities in order to promote diversity, taking into account the characteristics of each partner. It is a Volunteering Project, which aims to challenge and strengthen the local community, which will receive 4 volunteers between 18 and 30 years old, for a 12 months project. The participants are from Bosnia and Herzegovina, France, Greece and Spain.
The profile of the volunteer intended is someone with training in plastic arts, arts, crafts, sport and environmental activities. Someone to innovate in the daily activities of the Elderly Day Centre and maintaining the SOPRO’s garden and farming.
• Organization of intercultural activities, workshops, exhibitions, lectures, creative spaces, painting, language clubs;
• Reflection activities on the themes of the European Union;
• Work on the importance of interacting on an equal basis, on valuing differences and stimulating intercultural dialogue;
• Supporting the daily tasks;
• Organize activities that promote European Solidarity Corps and Erasmus+.
• The volunteers will perform their activities in Elderly Center or at the Environmental Education Center of Esposende The goal is to organize activities for the elderly, support in the daily tasks, sports, handcrafts. Organize thematic days such as Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s Day, Women’s Day among others, with the aim of improving behaviours.
• Participate in SOPRO’s campaigns: Collection of school material and food in the supermarkets and other activities and campaigns that arise during this volunteering project.
• Other: support the activities of SOPRO, fundraising initiatives (helping to seek and compete for international applications), support on international exchange mobilities, attend meetings of international volunteers destined for Mozambique and help to establish international partnerships.
• Ideas own/projects and suggestions for supporting the organization of sports activities, cultural events, exhibitions traditions of their country.
Food and Accommodation
The volunteer will live in shared house/apartment with other volunteers in a double room, with shared living room, kitchen, laundry and social facilities.
Volunteers will have monthly FOOD allowance and POCKET MONEY.
Travel budget – Airport OPORTO
The nearest airport is Porto Airport (Sá Carneiro) 50 km from Barcelos. This is the budget for the entire travel including (round trip) plane, train and/or bus. This doesn’t include taxis. SOPRO will reimburse your actual costs, with the presentation of invoices of the trip.
The best away to come to Barcelos is when you arrive at Oporto Airport you must take the subway (METRO) to Porto Campanhã Train Station and here you have to buy the train ticket to Barcelos city.
METRO Schedule: https://en.metrodoporto.pt
Train Schedule: https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/train-times/Train-time-results
Please buy tickets only for the trains IR – InterRegional, U – Urbano or R – Regional. On the other trains, we DON’T support the refund of the trip.
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
We recommend that all participants from partner countries bring the European Health Insurance Card, please check the expiration date. We suggest that each participant do their additional travel insurance for the duration of the project, including travel days. The cost of this insurance is at the expense of the participant.
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
SOPRO – Solidarity and Promotion, was founded in 1996 by a group of young volunteers students from La Salle College, has its headquarters in college in Barcelos, Portugal. SOPRO is recognized as a Non-Governmental Organization for Development (NGO) with the Statute of Public Utility Entity, Non-profit. SOPRO develops its activities and projects to international and local levels guided by the following values: solidarity, cooperation, education as a universal right, justice, respect and volunteering work.
Internationally, SOPRO develops the international Volunteering Program in Mozambique with the support of the Portuguese volunteers who work on projects in the area of Education and Development. In Erasmus+ projects SOPRO receives and sends volunteers through CES. In Portugal SOPRO is receiving short and long-term projects approved in Portugal and in other partner countries.
Barcelos is a Portuguese city in the District of Braga, in the North region, with around 20.625 persons. Located about 40 minutes from Porto Airport, near Braga, Viana do Castelo, Esposende, Ponte de Lima and Famalicão. Barcelos is a small town, considered a safe city, a city where you can walk freely on the street and arrive on foot anywhere.
Barcelos is internationally known for the Barcelos Rooster, one of the symbols of Portugal, for the handmade pottery, for it’s traditional market, culture, for the “Camino de Santiago” … and the rest you will have time to discover yourself!
SOPRO’s website http://www.sopro.org.pt
SOPRO’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/soproongd/
Barcelos’s Municipality http://www.cm-barcelos.pt/visitar-barcelos/barcelos
Barcelos’s Municipality Facebook
HOW TO APPLY?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with CV and Motivation Letter in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 23.01.2021.
- Prelection results: 28.01.2021.
- Interview with sending and hosting organizations and selection results: until 10.02.2020.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]