INTERNATIONAL BOOST MEETING IN
On 06.06.2021 in Sofia, Bulgaria, the first meeting of the project “BOOST-Boosting Outstanding Omnicompetent Successful Talents” was held – a 24-month strategic partnership, co-funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Union, which aims to create new learning and personal development opportunities for young people in Europe by providing interactive educational formats and methods based on the development of transversal skills. The meeting was attended by representatives of partner countries from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Italy and Croatia.
During the meeting, the partners discussed the future activities of the project, as well as the possibilities for deepening the partnership into the field of youth, sports and physical activity, education and skills development with a focus on young people.
THE BOOST PROJECT IS FULLY COMPLIANT WITH THE OBJECTIVES OF ERASMUS + FOR:
• Increasing skills and employment opportunities;
• Modernization of education, training and youth work;
• Focus on young people
THE MAIN NEEDS OF THE YOUNG PEOPLE WHICH THE BOOST PROJECT WILL COVER ARE
• The empowerment of young people and youth workers through all activities and results of the BOOST project;
• Practical, suitable for young people electronic learning platform – MEP, for the development of transversal skills of young people;
• BOOST handbook for youth workers with a practical focus on the development of transversal skills in young people.
BOOST PROJECT WILL REACH TWO MAIN TARGET GROUPS:
Young people from the partner countries – at least 50 young learners from each country will use the lifelong platform of the BOOST project (200 in total) (unlimited users after the end of the project);
• Youth workers from the partner countries will be able to obtain the innovative handbook, which ensures the development of transversal skills in the young people they work with – at least 200 downloads of the electronic version of the handbook and at least 50 copies per country to be distributed on paper for youth workers and organizations.
• Implementation of quality educational and research activities focused on the development of transversal skills of young people;
• Development, testing and launch of a fully functional e-learning platform – BOOST MOOC, aimed at developing the transversal skills of young people. The e-learning platform will be an online center for transversal skills, which will include various resources suitable for young people;
• Development of a practical BOOST handbook for youth workers, which aims to facilitate the development of the transversal skills of the young people they work with;
• 4 international project meetings – content management and development activities and 2 dissemination events in each country;
• Ensuring sustainability of the project results, due to the importance of the topic, sustainable results for youth development and wide dissemination of its usability and importance in the partner countries and throughout the EU.
Through the mentioned results and activities, the BOOST project will strongly contribute to the development of the youth sector and will develop the transversal skills of young people in the current difficult situation. Interactive tools will be used to prepare content that will help young people increase their level of development and provide them with tips and tricks on how to further develop their transversal skills: critical and innovative thinking, presentation, communication and organizational skills, teamwork skills, self-discipline, enthusiasm, perseverance, self-motivation, tolerance, openness, respect for diversity, intercultural understanding, media and information literacy, ability to discover and access information ability to analyze and evaluate media content, physical health, religious values (UN definition), which will be extremely useful for their proper professional and personal development if they are improved.
The long-term benefits will be provided by the sustainability of the BOOST project results, which focus on the crucial topic of transversal skills development, which will be even more relevant in pandemic recovery, through the use of the e-learning platform – MEP and the handbook. after the end of the project.
Coordinator: Bulgaria Sports Development Association (Bulgaria), www.bulsport.bg;
Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (Bosnia and Herzegovina), www.bravo-bih.com;
Vere Montis (Croatia), www.veremontis.com;
L’ORMA (Italy), www.ormasite.it/en;