- Name of the project: Long-term ESC volunteering ‘’Natural’’
- Duration of the project: 210 days (7 months)
- Date of the project: January of 2024 – July of 2024
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’Equação’’
- Place: Amarante, Portugal
- Participants age: 18 – 30
- The number of participants:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: 2
- Europe: 4
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 08.11.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
NATURAL: Alternativas Sustentáveis” is an individual volunteering project proudly initiated and facilitated by Equação. The aim of this project is to create a meaningful and sustainable impact in the communities it touches. Scheduled to span over a duration of 7 months, covering a total of 210 days, “NATURAL’’ kicks off in January 2024. This extended timeline offers ample opportunity for volunteers to immerse themselves in their roles and make a substantial contribution.
The project focuses on three primary themes: Green Skills, encouraging the development of eco-friendly competencies and practices; the Fight Against Discrimination of Marginalized Young People, promoting inclusivity and social justice by addressing the challenges faced by marginalized youth; and Inclusion, striving to create environments where every individual feels valued, appreciated, and part of the community.
Through the “NATURAL: Alternativas Sustentáveis” project, Equação, Crl, and its dedicated volunteers are dedicated to fostering a more sustainable and inclusive society, where individuals are equipped with the skills and opportunities they need to thrive while actively combating discrimination and promoting unity.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Promotion of Green Skills: One of the primary objectives of the project is to encourage the development and dissemination of eco-friendly competencies and practices. Through various initiatives, volunteers will work to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to adopt more sustainable lifestyles and contribute to the conservation of the environment.
- Fight Against Discrimination of Marginalized Young People: The project places a significant emphasis on addressing the challenges faced by marginalized youth. It seeks to empower these young individuals, fostering their inclusion in society and combating discrimination. Through educational programs and community engagement, the project aims to raise awareness about the importance of social justice and equal opportunities.
- Promotion of Inclusion: Inclusivity is a fundamental objective of the project. It aspires to create environments where every individual, regardless of their background or circumstances, feels valued, appreciated, and an integral part of the community.
- Sustainable Impact: Throughout its 7-month duration, the project is committed to creating a meaningful and sustainable impact in the communities it touches. This entails not only imparting knowledge and skills but also fostering a long-lasting commitment to sustainability, inclusivity, and social justice among the community members. The project’s legacy is intended to extend beyond its duration, leaving behind a community that actively practices and promotes these values.
- Youngsters between 18 and 30 years old;
- Motivated to participate in volunteer actions and activities that enable the development of skills key, experiences, and learning;
- Aware of their role and to be able to participate in all phases of the volunteer activity in which they will be involved;
- Interested in participating and contributing to volunteer activities oriented towards priorities and values of European countries promoted by Erasmus+ and the ESC.
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
In 2008 Aventura Marão Clube started to manage the local youth center/hostel, Casa da Juventude de Amarante (CJ Amarante), a study case project as it was the first private body managing public equipment in Portugal. CJ Amarante’s initial strategy was to support local youth initiatives to approach youngsters to our values, develop mobility and participation projects, and offer accommodation and food services). AMC has recently received the quality label for ESC and Erasmus+ accreditation for Youth (that intends to systematize our performance in terms of mobility of young people and workers in the youth area) about the themes that we defined in our strategy
Amarante is a historical city in northern Portugal with a huge natural and built heritage, the city’s cultural and artistic tradition made Amarante a Creative City of the UNESCO network. With 56 thousand inhabitants, Amarante is the municipality with the biggest area of the Porto district. Cultural and artistic events are an integral part of Amarante’s identity, with various festivals and cultural celebrations taking place throughout the year. The São Gonçalo Festival, in particular, is a lively and colorful affair, drawing locals and visitors alike to enjoy processions, traditional music, and dance performances. Whether you’re interested in exploring its rich history, indulging in delicious cuisine, or simply enjoying the scenic beauty, Amarante offers a delightful and enriching experience for visitors.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Accommodation will be in an apartment or house (both in Amarante’s city center and near our youth center) or also at Youth Village, where usually we host our volunteers. These places are well-equipped with rooms, bathrooms, and a kitchen. In some cases, volunteers might have to share rooms – Double rooms. Volunteers are allowed to have guests for free (accommodation) on a good sense basis and after agreement from the Hosting Organization.
Food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be given from Monday to Saturday (6 days per week) by our organization at the youth center (Casa da Juventude de Amarante) where usually we serve meals to our volunteers (we run a vegetarian restaurant there). Food is vegetarian (including eggs, milk, seitan, tofu, mushrooms, etc.). In one day of the week will be with provided one nonvegetarian dinner. Besides that, we will give 35€/month to each volunteer to organize their own meals on Sunday.
The “Pocket money” to the volunteer for additional personal expenses according to the ESC Guide 2023 is a contribution of 6€/day per volunteer. You will be insured by the Henner Insurance Plan and receive their personal membership card.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 08.11.2023.
- Selection results: 30.11.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com