- Name of the project: Training Course “Sketch the Journey’’
- Date of Project: 13.11.2023. – 21.11.2023.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’The MeOut Group’’
- Place: Balatonszárszo, Hungary
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 5
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 02.11.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
“Sketch the journey” is a project of StartUp Szeged. The project aims to support trainers, teachers, and educators in developing visual thinking techniques to enhance the learning experience for youngsters. Visual thinking is a powerful tool that helps organize thoughts, improve communication, and convey complex information effectively. With a focus on visual learning and thinking, the training course emphasize the Picture Sensory Effect, encouraging educators to use images effectively in their daily lives. By incorporating visual strategies, such as diagrams, graphic organizers, and concept maps, educators can engage students, promote problem-solving, and enhance understanding. It also emphasizes the importance of digitalization and innovative approaches to youth work. Through this project, the aim is to create a community of educators who can support each other and continue implementing visual thinking techniques beyond the training Ultimately, the project contributes to the capacity building and learning of youth within formal and non-formal education, aligning with the objectives of the Erasmus+ program. This project is highlighting the significance of visual thinking strategies in education. The project emphasizes that visual thinking is an alternative approach that helps organize thoughts, enhance thinking and communication skills, and effectively convey complex information.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Integrating Visual Knowledge and Competencies: We are committed to equipping trainers, educators, and teachers with a well-rounded visual knowledge and skill set. This empowers them to effectively integrate visual learning techniques into their teaching methodologies. By providing these professionals with the tools and knowledge they need, we ensure that the youth they work with benefit from a more engaging and impactful educational experience.
- Empowering Local Engagement: Our aim is not just to impart visual skills to trainers but to encourage and support their active application in working with youth on a local level. By fostering the use of visual techniques, trainers can enhance the learning skills of young people, making education more accessible and stimulating. This, in turn, creates a more dynamic and participatory learning environment, which is essential for the holistic development of young minds.
- Fostering Collaboration and Relevance: We believe that visual activities can not only enhance individual learning but also promote collaboration among young learners. In a rapidly evolving world, we place particular emphasis on skills that are directly relevant to today’s job market, with a focus on user interface (UI) design. By honing these skills, we prepare the youth to be more competitive and adaptable in the job market, ensuring their capabilities align with the demands of the digital age.
- Evidence-Based Improvement: To ensure the ongoing success and evolution of our program, we are committed to a rigorous cycle of teaching, practical application, monitoring, assessment, and evaluation. This process enables us to collect empirical evidence and valid indicators of the effectiveness of our training formula. This evidence not only helps us refine our program but also serves as a valuable resource for educators and institutions seeking to enhance their own educational approaches.
It is created for young people, youth workers, young community leaders, from 18 years, who are eager to extend their knowledge, upgrade their skills and broaden their horizons.
Participants must be open to meeting participants from other countries and have the motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a very intercultural setting. They must be able to communicate in English. Participants must attend all training sessions and actively participate in them. We are also looking for participants who have experience in working with other young people and are informed about the current situation of young people in their country.
- Increased awareness and understanding of the power of visual thinking strategies in education.
- Improved teaching methods and tools to meet today’s visual expectations.
- Development of educators’ skills in using images effectively.
- Utilization of visual thinking skills for problem-solving and group work.
- Improved writing skills and higher-level thinking through visual discussions.
- Empowerment of youth workers and educators to engage all young people.
- Inclusion of disadvantaged youth and rural areas.
- Integration of digitalization and innovative practices in youth work.
MeOut Group is a leading organization that focuses on innovation and education headquartered in Budapest, Hungary. The MeOut heroes work around the clock and contribute to a more accessible present and future to develop the world by investing time, energy, and intellect. We operate in over 43 countries. The more educated people with groundbreaking ideas are on earth the better it is for all. We aspire to create a human-centric environment in which colleagues and partners flourish so that they can achieve the most. Since 2013, MeOut Group has been working on building bridges between communities and countries mainly focusing on solutions that pave the way for progress. We connect the dots locally and globally in the fields of education, innovation and entrepreneurship by facilitating mutually beneficial multisectoral global collaborations.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will stay in Balatonszárszó, Hungary.
The website of accommodation: https://szarszo.lutheran.hu/
The participants will be accommodated in shared rooms, 2-5 per room. During the stay, food will be prepared by experienced cooks, provided at the venue. Three meals and two coffee breaks per day will be provided.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – – Fully covered
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 02.11.2023.
- Selection results: 03.11.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com