- Name of the project: Training Course ‘’Youth Against Conflict’’
- Date of Project: 08.12.2023. – 16.12.2023.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting Organization: ‘’Arabisch Deutches Center fur Dialog’’
- Place: Berlin, Germany
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 4
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 05.11.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
The training course, “Youth against Conflict” is a program designed to address the pressing need for conflict prevention and mediation among young people from diverse cultural backgrounds. The course will begin by enhancing participants’ understanding of the importance of cultural diversity and the potential benefits it brings to individuals and communities. Practical conflict resolution techniques will be taught to help participants address disputes and misunderstandings, transforming them into opportunities for growth and mutual understanding. Participants will actively take part in collaborative activities designed to foster teamwork and creativity. These activities will encourage young people to work together, irrespective of their cultural backgrounds, promoting unity and shared goals. Through open discussions and educational sessions, participants will gain insights into the potential signs of radicalization and learn effective methods for its prevention.
Participants will gain a broader global perspective and a deeper appreciation for the richness of cultural diversity. The project equips participants with the skills and tools necessary to engage in effective intercultural teamwork, creating a stronger sense of community and shared purpose. Young people who complete this training will be empowered to become advocates for peace and understanding in their communities. Participants will develop a high level of cultural competence, allowing them to interact with diverse groups confidently.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Enhance Cultural Awareness: The primary objective of the “Youth Against Conflict” project is to deepen participants’ understanding of the significance of cultural diversity and the potential benefits it offers to individuals and communities.
- Teach Practical Conflict Resolution: Provide participants with practical conflict resolution techniques, enabling them to effectively address disputes and misunderstandings. The project aims to transform conflicts into opportunities for growth and mutual understanding.
- Promote Collaborative Teamwork: Encourage active participation in collaborative activities that foster teamwork and creativity among young people, regardless of their cultural backgrounds. The project aims to promote unity and shared goals.
- Prevent Radicalization: Through open discussions and educational sessions, equip participants with the knowledge and skills to recognize potential signs of radicalization and implement effective strategies for its prevention.
- Empower Young Advocates for Peace: Empower young people to become advocates for peace and understanding in their communities, actively working to prevent conflicts and radicalization.
It is created for young people of 18 years who are open to meeting participants from other countries and have the motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a very intercultural setting. They must be able to communicate in English. Participants must attend all training sessions and actively participate in them.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will stay at Jugendherberge Berlin Ostkreuz. The participants will be accommodated in shared rooms, 2-4 per room. During the stay, food will be prepared by experienced cooks, and provided at the venue. Three meals and two coffee breaks per day will be provided.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully Covered
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title such as ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on the deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 05.11.2023.
- Selection results: 08.11.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org