- Name of the project: Training Course ‘’Greencluded: Your Youth Event Greener”
- Date of Project: 18.01.2024. – 26.01.2024.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’The MeOut Group’’
- Place: Balatonszárszo, Hungary
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 5
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 20.12.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Environmental issues transcend borders and languages, impacting every individual regardless of their geographical location. The urgent need to address climate change and pollution has never been more apparent, especially considering the profound impact on future generations. Recognizing the significance of changing attitudes and behaviors toward nature and pollution, the project is a transformative training course aimed at mobilizing active young individuals to become catalysts for positive change. The project aims to empower young individuals to become active agents of change in the face of environmental challenges. By fostering awareness, building practical skills, and encouraging a positive shift in attitudes, the project envisions a future where youth actively contribute to creating a sustainable and eco-friendly world. Through collaboration and education, the project seeks to inspire a generation committed to environmental activism and responsible stewardship of the planet. The training course will adopt a non-formal educational approach, workshops, interactive games, and collaborative activities to create an engaging and participatory learning environment. The focus will be on experiential learning, allowing participants to actively contribute and share their experiences.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- To foster environmentally conscious attitudes of young people, who not only understand the urgent need to protect our planet but also actively engage in meaningful activism.
- To equip participants with the tools, knowledge, and inspiration to make a positive impact in their personal lives, communities, and beyond to be able to organize in a greener way.
- To empower participants to become vocal advocates for the environment, through collaborative workshops, insightful discussions, and hands-on activities.
- To encourage participants to establish lasting connections with like-minded peers, creating a supportive network of environmentally conscious youth.
The Training Course targets youth workers to equip them with competence and knowledge on gender issues. During a one-week long training course the youth workers will have a chance to get acquainted with new methods and approaches to work with young people on the topic of gender equality. As a result of a training course, the participants will get back to their countries and will start the implementation process of the follow-up events.
The Training Course will involve 35 youth workers. It will be targeting youth workers and youth leaders based in the countries of the European Union (the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia and Spain) and the Neighboring countries (Armenia, Albania, Georgia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine).
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of key questions related to greening events, including strategies for involving youth.
- Exhibit knowledge of various techniques, tools, and trends in promoting environmentally friendly practices.
- Showcase awareness of global environmental challenges and the localized impact of climate change.
- Understand solutions and best practices for addressing environmental issues on both local and global scales.
- Aged 18+
- Youth workers, young people able to communicate in English
- Motivated to meet people from different countries, explore topics related to the environment, and engage in climate activism
- Motivated to share and enhance new approaches, insights & practices for green (youth) event organizing
- Motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a very intercultural setting
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will stay in Balatonszárszó, Hungary.
The website of accommodation: https://szarszo.lutheran.hu/
The participants will be accommodated in shared rooms, 2-5 per room. During the stay, food will be prepared by experienced cooks, provided at the venue. Three meals and two coffee breaks per day will be provided.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully Covered
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 20.12.2023.
- Selection results: 22.12.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com