- Name of the project: Youth Exchange ‘’Youth for Green Future’’
- Date of Project: 23.11.2023. – 01.12.2023.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’The MeOut Group’’
- Place: Balatonszárszo, Hungary
- Participants age: 16+
- The number of participants: 5
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 05.11.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
The project aims to bring together passionate young individuals from diverse backgrounds under a common goal: to learn, share, and empower each other as concrete activists for the environment. Both as an individual and as a member of an organization, by making naturally use of the local surroundings, partners and suppliers. The project contributes to the capacity building and hands-on learning of youth within formal and non-formal education, aligning with the objectives of the Erasmus+ program. Environmental problems are much in the news and affect each one of us, no matter which background we have. What we can concretely do is less prominent in the media. It is crucial to learn our role and play, actively working to find good eco-practice through thought and action. The next generations are most impacted by the consequences of climate change. This Youth Exchange is an opportunity for such active young individuals to come together, share their experience, dive into interactive activities and inspiring group work, in order to gain a better understanding of tools, activities, events and actions greening youth activities, and to acquire practical skills and knowledge in various fields of eco-friendly practices. The program will be rooted in non-formal educational methodology, which includes workshops, interactive games, and collaborative activities.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- To foster environmentally conscious attitudes of young people, who not only understand the urgent need to protect our planet but also actively engage in meaningful activism.
- To equip participants with the tools, knowledge, and inspiration to make a positive impact in their own lifes, communities and beyond.
- To empower participants to become vocal advocates for the environment, through collaborative workshops, insightful discussions, and hands-on activities that also aim for down-to-earth and tangible results.
- To encourage participants to establish lasting connections with like-minded peers, creating a supportive network of environmentally conscious youth
It is created for young people 16 years who are open to meeting participants from other countries and have the motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a very intercultural setting. They must be able to communicate in English. Participants must attend all training sessions and actively participate in them. We are also looking for participants who want to explore topics related to the environment and engage in climate activism.
By taking part in the project, participants will gain the following:
- Knowledge about environmental challenges, the impact of climate change on local and global scale, and insights on human influence on the environment. Knowledge about good eco-practices and tools in Youth Work, focusing on existing skills and techniques, strategies and solutions to make our activities more sustainable or even regenerative.
- Skills in best eco-friendly practices as individual and organizer of youth work activities; skills of effective communication for promoting environmental awareness, teamwork and collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving to create eco-friendly solutions in various contexts;
- Attitudes of responsibility towards environmental protection, confidence in advocating for environmentally-friendly practices within communities, an attitude of feeling empowered to be able to make a tangible result, no matter the context. a mindset of continuous learning and curiosity about the environment of which we are a part
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
MeOut Group is a leading organization that focuses on innovation and education headquartered in Budapest, Hungary. The MeOut heroes work around the clock and contribute to a more accessible present and future to develop the world by investing time, energy, and intellect. We operate in over 43 countries. The more educated people with groundbreaking ideas are on earth the better it is for all.
We aspire to create a human-centric environment in which colleagues and partners flourish so that they can achieve the most. Since 2013, MeOut Group has been working on building bridges between communities and countries mainly focusing on solutions that pave the way for progress. We connect the dots locally and globally in the fields of education, innovation and entrepreneurship by facilitating mutually beneficial multisectoral global collaborations.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will stay in Balatonszárszó, Hungary.
The website of accommodation: https://szarszo.lutheran.hu/
The participants will be accommodated in shared rooms, 2-5 per room. During the stay, food will be prepared by experienced cooks, provided at the venue. Three meals and two coffee breaks per day will be provided.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – fully covered
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 05.11.2023.
- Selection results: 07.11.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org