- Name of the project: European Voluntary Service project
- Duration of the project: 12 months
- Dates of the project: 01.09.2024. – 31.08.2025.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’Eco-Village’’
- Place: Degersheim, Switzerland
- Participants age: 18 – 30
- The number of participants: 1
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 26.01.2024.
ABOUT THE EVS PROJECT
The European Voluntary Service is a Swiss programme of European volunteering. The programme is financed by the Swiss Confederation. The European Voluntary Service gives young people the opportunity to volunteer abroad, contributing with their efforts to a cause they believe in – be it solidarity with refugees and migrants, work on environmental issues, activities for children or the elderly, support for non-governmental organisations, work for cultural events or a number of other topics.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
The Eco-village in Degersheim is an exciting community project that focuses on promoting sustainable living practices. This unique opportunity allows volunteers to actively engage in various aspects of the eco-village’s operations. Volunteers will have the chance to participate in activities such as organic gardening, where they will learn about cultivating plants in an environmentally friendly manner. Additionally, they can get involved in kitchen work, contributing to the preparation of meals using locally sourced, sustainable ingredients.
The project also offers opportunities in homecare, emphasizing the importance of creating living spaces that align with ecological principles. Volunteers may engage in ecological building construction or refurbishing, gaining hands-on experience in sustainable building practices. For those interested in the organizational side of the community, there are opportunities in event management and public relations. Volunteers can contribute to the planning and execution of eco-friendly events, as well as help in promoting the eco-village’s values to the public.
Childcare is another important aspect of the project, providing volunteers with the chance to support and engage with the younger members of the community. Participants will be encouraged and supported in developing their ideas, allowing them to take on independent projects that contribute to the overall well-being of the community.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Promoting Sustainable Living Practices: Volunteers will be educated about sustainable living principles. They will have the opportunity to implement and showcase sustainable practices in organic gardening, kitchen work, and other community activities.
- Providing Hands-On Experience: Allowing volunteers to actively engage in various eco-village operations. They will be offered practical experience in organic gardening, kitchen work, homecare, and ecological building construction.
- Cultivating Environmental Awareness: Emphasizing the importance of environmentally friendly practices in organic gardening and sustainable meal preparation.
- Fostering Community Engagement: Volunteers will be encouraged to actively participate in childcare, fostering positive interactions with younger community members. The volunteers will be supported in developing and implementing independent projects that contribute to the overall well-being of the community.
- Developing Organizational Skills: Providing opportunities for volunteers to engage in event management and public relations. Volunteers will be enabled to contribute to the planning and execution of eco-friendly events and promote the eco-village’s values to the public.
- Youngsters between 18 and 30 years old;
- Motivated to participate in volunteer actions and activities that enable the development of skills key, experiences, and learning;
- Aware of their role and to be able to participate in all phases of the volunteer activity in which they will be involved;
- Interested in participating and contributing to volunteer activities oriented towards priorities and values of European countries promoted by Erasmus+ and the ESC.
- Good knowledge of English and basic knowledge of German is a plus.
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
The Eco-Village community area is located near a small village in the canton St. Gallen in a rural setting with beautiful nature surroundings. The area consists of several buildings with apartments, communal rooms, a library, guest rooms, dining room, art workshops, dance and yoga rooms, a garden with a fire pit, sauna, children playgrounds, yurts, lots of fruit trees, berries, and a vegetable garden. The community is organized into several working groups with members from different cultures, ages, and backgrounds. Volunteers can participate in open community events and meetings and get to know social aspects, conflict solution tools, group dynamics, and organizational skills.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Accommodation at the eco-village in Herzfeld Sennrüti provides a comfortable and private living space for volunteers, with single bedrooms equipped with their bathrooms. The shared lounge and kitchen spaces encourage a sense of community, allowing volunteers to connect and share experiences with fellow participants. Embracing the eco-friendly lifestyle, the provided meals are exclusively vegetarian and/or vegan, promoting a sustainable and health-conscious diet. Additionally, to facilitate exploration and travel within the picturesque surroundings of Switzerland, Herzfeld Sennrüti generously offers volunteers a Half Fare Travel Card. This card enhances the volunteers’ mobility, making it convenient for them to discover the beauty of Switzerland while contributing to the overall enriching experience of their stay at the eco-village. Volunteers participating in the program will benefit from the support that covers their board and lodging needs. The eco-village ensures a comfortable living environment with well-equipped accommodations, fostering a sense of community and collaboration. In addition to covering essential expenses, volunteers receive a monthly pocket money allowance of CHF 250.-, acknowledging their commitment and providing some financial flexibility during their engagement. Furthermore, participants will have access to ESC (European Voluntary Service) training, enhancing their skills and knowledge in areas related to sustainable living, community development, and other valuable aspects of the project.
TRAVEL AND COSTS LIMIT
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully Covered
HOW TO APPLY?
More about BRAVO you can see on our video below: