- Name of the project: Youth Exchange “Youth Sustainability Lab”
- Date of Project: 03.05. – 11.05.2023.
- Hosting organization: “Group of European Youth for Change – GEYC”
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Place: Cuevas Bajas, Spain
- Participants age: 16-30
- The number of participants: 8
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 15.03.2022
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Starting by setting the scene of the current environmental context, the youth exchange will offer the participants the chance to research, analyse, share and compare the environmental issues in their countries. Through the discussions they will be able to understand the situation in the participating countries in the environmental field, they will calculate their carbon footprint and finally they will be equipped with digital tools that will enable them to engage their peers in digital campaigns.
The aim of this project is to educate and empower young people to understand and tackle environmental issues in their respective countries through research, analysis, and digital campaigns. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the current environmental context of their country and compare it with other participating countries. By calculating their carbon footprint and using digital tools, they will be able to create impactful campaigns and engage their peers in taking action to address environmental issues.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- To create a platform for young people to research and analyze environmental issues in their respective countries.
- To facilitate discussions among participants to enable them to understand the environmental situation in participating countries.
- To calculate the carbon footprint of participants and raise awareness about the impact of their daily activities on the environment.
- To equip participants with digital tools that will enable them to create and launch effective digital campaigns.
- To promote collaboration among participants to develop sustainable solutions to environmental issues in their respective countries.
- To foster a sense of responsibility and encourage young people to take action to protect the environment.
- Enthusiastic, interested in the topic
- Participants who are motivated to contribute and learn during the project
- Able to participate the whole project (participants will not be able to arrive after or to leave before the arrival/departure day of the project)
- A basic level of English (B1+), enough to communicate
- Open to exchange experiences with participants from other cultures
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
Group of the European Youth for Change – GEYC aims to empower young people to bring a positive change in their community. Our mission is to empower young people to make a positive change in their community. We believe that young people thorough their imagination, enthusiasm and dynamism have the potential to disrupt inertia and be the most creative forces for social change. We are striving to meet our mission by supporting formal and informal education at local, national and international level; promoting social networks and new media technologies for personal and professional youth development; defending human rights in general, especially of young people at local, national and international level; stimulating individual and organizational social responsibility; encouraging entrepreneurship among young people; developing educational programs especially for young people at local, national and international level.
ABOUT CUEVAS BAJAS
Cuevas Bajas is a town and municipality in the province of Málaga, part of the autonomous community of Andalusia in southern Spain. The municipality is situated 75 kilometers from Málaga Its most interesting monuments are the church of San Juan Bautista, built in the eighteenth century. The main street with facades and the village of Kidron maintain the typical architecture of the area.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – 360€ per participant
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 15.03.2023.
- Selection results: 17.03.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com