- Name of the project: Short-term ESC ‘’Solidarity Power’’
- Date of Project: 15.07.2023. – 15.09.2023.
- Hosting organization: “Moby Dick”
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Place: Buccino and Sicignano degli Alburni, Salerno County, Italy
- Participants age: 18-30
- The number of participants: 6
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 28.05.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The ESC short term volunteering project, which will involve 6 volunteers in the Municipalities of Buccino (Sa) and Sicignano degli Alburni (Sa), will focus on the potential of the ESC program to bring value to countryside areas suffering from depopulation problems and lack of opportunities for young people. The volunteering project is part of a territorial context that for about two years has known the activation of various Erasmus+ and ESC projects, promoting the interaction between European and local young people. Thanks to two ESC Solidarity projects, the first carried out in Buccino in 2022 (Mimì and Peppino Pedagogical Garden) and the second one in Sicignano degli Alburni (ASILOkindergarden) with the support of the “La Ginestra” association, dozens of young people presented their proposals for the creation of co-working spaces, designed to offer new social and educational opportunities with particular attention to environmental issues and to recover manual arts & crafts. With the aim of multiplying the impact on the territory, strengthening the action and impact of local solidarity projects, the “Solidarity power” project will involve volunteers in supporting the initiatives that take place during the summer period.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- to increase green practices among the local community and to support cultural initiatives in the summer period;
- to support local organizations in organizing events, increasing internationalization and cooperation;
- to provide support in the workshops and educational days that will take place in the “Mimì e Peppino” Pedagogical Garden in Buccino
We are looking for 6 volunteers:
2 social media managers;
2 social youth workers;
2 event/logistics planners;
3 volunteers will be engaged in the area of Buccino (SA) and 3 in the area of Sicignano degli Alburni (Sa), municipalities that are few kilometers away from each other. The volunteers will have the task of supporting the local communities and meeting periodically for activities of sharing experience, feedback and moments of aggregation.
General requirements of the participants:
- Motivation to work in group for the promotion of events, festivals and territorial promotion activities of the Alburni Sele Tanagro, educational and cultural workshops organized by the association in the field of ecology, permaculture and non-formal education with children and young people;
- Willingness to live in small-medium urban realities;
- Love for nature and small villages;
- B1 level of English;
- Willingness to work in a team;
Specific requirements for the social media manager position:
- Knowledge of the main social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter); – Attitude for territorial promotion through technology;
- Willingness to take photographs and videos and upload them to social networks in a creative way;
Specific requirements for the position of social youth worker:
- Ability to involve people in order to promote the area;
- Ability to work in team and with young people and children;
- Basic knowledge of non-formal education methodologies;
Specific requirements for the event planner position:
– Predisposition to take initiative and create proposals for the organization of events
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
Moby Dick is an organization founded in 2005, with its headquarter in Salerno. The mission is to exchange experiences and ideas through cultural and training activities in Italy and abroad. The areas of intervention are young people and European mobility, innovative teaching and non-formal education ,and the participation of young people in democratic life. For years we have been cooperating with many foreign organizations, especially in Europe, and this allowed to develop skills in the non-formal education field, to create transnational networks, but also to be updated on innovations in public policies dedicated to young people. Moby Dick has established itself as a good practice in southern Italy because of the ability to be really on the side of young people and support organizations, public and private, who are working in the field of youth.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
The accommodation provided by the organization will see the volunteers located in two apartments in Buccino and Sicignano degli Alburni, both located in the center of the town. The apartments are equipped with kitchens, bathrooms and single rooms for each volunteer. In Buccino the apartment is located in the historic center of Buccino few meters away from the Moby Dick Alburni ETS Sele Tanagro headquarters and about ten minutes by walk from the “Mimì and Peppino” Pedagogical Garden, places where the activities will mainly take place.
In Sicignano degli Alburni the apartment is located near the main square of the town, the volunteers can walk (5 minutes) to the municipal library and the auditorium, places where various project activities will take place. To go to the hamlet of Castelluccio Cosentino, place where the activities of the ESC Asilo-kindergarden project are carried out, a car from the Municipality of Sicignano degli Alburni will be available.
Pocket money is provided for both groups with regard to food, the organization will communicate to the volunteers a list of agreements with local activities. The local transport to reach the various events during the month of August will be ensured by the organization. Both apartments are few minutes far from the bus stops in order to reach Salerno and other towns in the surrounding area
To cover your daily expenses, you will receive a pocket money allowance of 5€ per day. This amount is intended to help you with any personal expenses or small purchases you may need during the project. Additionally, a food allowance of 5€ per day will be provided.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – ALL COST OF TRAVEL WILL BE COVERED BY ORGANIZERS.
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 28.05.2023.
- Selection results: 30.05.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com