Open Call for 5 Participants for Learning, Training, Teaching course in Şarköy/Tekirdağ, Istanbul, Turkiye
Name of the project: “Tool4youth”
Date of Project: 16.09.2022. – 22.09.2022.
Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
Place: Şarköy/Tekirdağ, Istanbul, Turkiye
Participants age: +18
The number of participants: 5
Working language: English
Deadline for applying: 23.8.2022.
This project is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus Plus Program. This publication reflects the view only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. By Erasmus+ rules organizers will cover travel costs, accommodation and food.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
In this post pandemic period we reflect on the impact that technology and social media had on the public perception of the whole COVID – 19 situation since this was the first time that a pandemic like this had used the social media on a large scale to keep people informed and connected. It is worth mentioning that the COVID – 19 pandemic had influenced the use of technology positively and gave us a real “technological revolution” all over the world. Besides the positive aspects of technology regarding the pandemic, there are also the negative ones such as an infodemic which continues to undermine the global response and promote alternative agendas while compromising pandemic control measures.
We define infodemic as an overabundance of online and offline information. It is an attempt to undermine the public health response which can have and enormously negative impact one people’s mental and physical health as well as misinformation and disinformation which increase stigma and jeopardize valuable health gains.
Main goal of the project „Tools4youth“ is to promote media literacy in wider community and raise awareness about the flase information and how to recognize it. Digital age has made it easy for everyone to place information on the internet without going through fact checking and other information checking tools. This is why media literacy is a highly essential skill in the digital age.
The main objectives are:
• to increase awareness on what news are fake, which resources are not trustwothy
• to create a common consciousness to change the societies habits on believing in everything they hear or read
• to promote EU funding projects to wider community.
• to raise awareness to youth education and its deep effects at local, national and international level.
• to enhance media literacy skills of youth
• to improve design thinking, creativity, adaptability, resilience, and even empathy.
• to develop communication, team-work, digital literacy, analyzing, research skills.
• to create innovative ideas, questioning and problem solving skills.
• to reach 2000 people with our project and make awareness to wider community.
• to hand in our production result e toolkit – comic strip to 1000 people.
• to reach 100 people with Multiplier Event at local and national level,
• to reach 1000 person with our project website, social media, youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Erasmus Project Results Platform, EPALE, partners’ official website, visual and printed media, stands.
• to reach 1000 people with our workshops, symposia, online webinars, meetings, seminars, peer-to-peer activities
We plan to have these implementation and dissemination activities:
– 4 transnational project meetings
– 2 LTTs
– 4-6 peer-to-peer activities
– Multiplier event in Lithuania