BRAVO announces a call for 4 participants for a Training Course in Pogradec, Albania from 23.03. until 31.03.2020. for citizens of B&H and those living in this country.
- Name of the project: “Combating Hate Speech by Art and Creative Writing”
- Date of Project: 23.03.2020 – 31.03.2020.
- Applicant organization: SHOQATA ANTIK
- Hosting organization: SHOQATA ANTIK
- Sending organization: “BRAVO”
- Place: Pogradec, Albania
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 4
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 05.02.2020
This project is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus Plus Program. This publication reflects the view only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. By Erasmus+ rules organizers have to cover travel costs, accommodation and food.
Combating Hate Speech by Art and Creative Writing aims to raise capacities of the partners to apply creative writing and art to combat online and offline hate speech.
- To develop competencies of youth workers and educators to design and deliver activities based on creative writing and art aiming to fight online and offline hate speech especially targeting young people;
- To transfer lessons learned from international to national level through capacity building activities and to raise awareness on online and offline hate speech among involved communities.
- To raise competencies of youth workers and educators to apply creative writing and art in the process of raising awareness on online and offline hate speech;
- To increase knowledge of the participants and partners on Erasmus + Programme and to support development of new project ideas at local, national and international level.
Main aim of the TC:
Main aim of this training course is to raise participants understanding on the roots, forms and consequences of online and offline hate speech; to share good practices of addressing hate speech from participants’ communities and to develop participants’ competencies needed to work with young people who might face hate speech themselves. Through the training course the participants will increase their knowledge on applying art and creative writing based approach to address online and offline hate speech. Besides creative writing and art the participants will increase knowledge on Erasmus + Programme, non-formal education, YouthPass.
The project will be based on non-formal education and will reflect following features: active participation, learner-centred, balanced co-existence and interaction between cognitive, affective and practical dimensions of learning, holistic and process – oriented and close to real-life concerns, using intercultural exchanges and encounters as learning devices.
- youth workers
- the representative of NGOs,
- youth activists,
- leaders strongly interested to increase their knowledge of creative writing and art to address online and offline hate speech and knowledge of roots, forms and consequences of online and offline hate speech itself.
- Being active and motivated to create ideas for future projects.
- Age limit 18+
- Able to communicate in English
- Able to transfer lessons learned in local level
Priority will be given to the participants who demonstrate eagerness and abilities to promote project in their community and organize follow-up activities.
Travel costs limit for Bosnia and Herzegovina is 180€ per participant.
Travel details and travel reimbursment:
For participants coming by plane to Tirana airport, (Romania, Italy, Turkey & Spain) our volunteers will wait for you in airport and arrange the local transportation.
For participants coming from Kosovo, Macedonia, BiH, and Greece there are direct buses which come directly to Pogradec town.
Please, be informed that travel from Tirana to Pogradec costs 10-15 Eur by minivan.
Also is important to know that your travel expenses will be covered just in the case that you will provide us originals travel tickets (bus, train), invoices and your boarding passes based on travel distance maximum limit provided by European Commision.
IMPORTANT! In the case that you will not provide the original tickets, invoices and boarding passes your travel expenses will be not covered.
IMPORTANT!! Also the travel costs will not be reimburse in case that the participants will not take active part in projects sessions and will not implement the capacity building activities. These activitties and as well dissemination is mandatory.
IMPORTANT!!! You must choose the cheapest travel possibility to Pogradec Albania. We cannot reimburse taxi tickets.
The project will take place in city called Pogradec located at the bank of Ohrid lake.
From Tirana to Pogradec travel last 2.5 hours.
The hotel is situated outside the city of Pogradec with a very nice view of the Ohrid lake. The name of the hotel is: Lake Park Hotel .
Be prepared to be accommodated with 2 OR 3 people in rooms. The hotel is nice and each room is equipped with bathroom, TV.
Meals are served in the hotel restaurant.
Our working room is in the hotel as well.
There is free wireless connection in working room and in dinning room.
Please take with you comfortable shoes and clothes, it will be helpful for our outdoor activities and during the workshops. Before come take a look on www.weather.com
HOW TO APPLY?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 05.02.2020
- Selection results: 07.02.2020.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: 25€ (only for selected participants)
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]