- Name of the project: Training Course ‘’Toolbox for Communication’’
- Date of Project: 03.06.2023 – 11.06.2023.
- Hosting organization: “NGO Xenia”
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Place: Bludenz, Austria
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 4
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 11.05.2022.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
As youth workers, and youth leaders we work directly with young people and of course, we cannot know all the details as family life, religion, cultural background, etc. of our target group. So, several times we don’t want and we can hurt. We can hurt with an innocent joke; we can discriminate with a look, a phrase, an unconscious behavior. Nowadays, working with immigrants, Roma people, members of different ethnic groups, or only with a young person simple, we cannot know which issue can be really sensitive, as e.g. showing a funny short movie about religion or women can be really discriminative towards someone and we even don’t know about it. We don’t know that we discriminate.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- To raise awareness on culture, cultural diversity and own cultural identity;
- To explore and adapt the 3rd Youth Goal “Inclusive societies” of European Youth Strategy “Engaging, Connecting and Empowering young people” to youth work context;
- To make an assessment on stereotypes, prejudices and discrimination in general and self – assessment in personal and professional level in particular;
- To improve competences as usage of new modern technologies as tools for antidiscrimination;
- To be able to prepare, realize and evaluate jokes, short movies and advertisements on antidiscrimination;
- To create new partner network among organizations and invent together future projects
AIM OF THE PROJECT
The overall aim of the training course is to train youth workers and youth leaders on using media (jokes, short movies and advertisements) as tools on anti-discrimination.
- To make them aware of their own cultural background, and how it influences them towards different cultures.
- To foster understanding the reasons behind their reaction, stereotypes and prejudices, and to recognize discriminations around and by them.
- To learn the usage of new media technology on antidiscrimination with for and by young people they work with.
By our project we aim to make people aware of their subculture, their behavior towards differences, raise awareness on their stereotypes and prejudices and spotlight when they discriminate others even unconsciously. Foster understanding how media effect their perspectives towards each other, how a joke can be discriminative even without knowing it. Then as next step, turn it upside down, use media as tool against discrimination. Use the popular tools what young people like nowadays for the sake of anti discrimination and even invent projects and build partnership around the topic as antidiscrimination by the tool as media devices.
METHODOLOGY OF THE PROJECT
The training course will be built on the needs and expectations of our participants, so absolutely learner centred. During our training course, we will improve communication skills, digital competences, cultural awareness and expression, management and organisational skills and self – esteem as attitude of our participants. Methods we will use are self – assessment, theoretical and practical background, working in small groups, pairs, national and mixed groups, role plays, group building activities, research, creative and interactive methods.
- Have experience of mobility projects as individuals and within their organizations and are willing to work on the quality of their international projects.
- Have the support of their organizations to attend to this training and have interest and the possibility to implement local youth voluntary activities and apply for European youth projects related to volunteering and employability of young refugees/minorities/Roma/rural youth.
- Are motivated to promote local and transnational voluntary activities according to the 3rd Youth Goals “Inclusive societies ” and the European Youth Work Agenda.
- Are able to communicate and work in English – Are at least 18 years old.
- Besides, involving experienced youth workers, our project puts a strong accent on inclusion of beginner youth workers, youth leaders with fewer opportunities who demonstrate potential and interest to become youth workers in their communities.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will be accommodated in 2/3 beds rooms, grouped by gender with participants from different countries. All three meals will be provided during the project.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – 275€ per participant
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 11.05.2023.
- Selection results: 13.05.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org