- Name of the project: Training Course ‘’Through the Lens’’
- Date of Project: 10.11.2023. – 18.11.2023.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Place: ‘’Eskişehir, Turkiye’’
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 4
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 03.11.2023.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
In our rapidly evolving modern society, the empowerment of young people has emerged as a crucial goal. It is essential to equip the youth with the means to express themselves creatively, become active citizens, and make meaningful contributions to their communities. The project, ‘’Through the Lense” aims to achieve precisely this by providing a platform for young individuals to recognize their values and competencies. The project seeks to empower young participants by helping them discover and appreciate their own values and competencies. The project will utilize concrete tools, such as drama and techniques from the Theater of the Oppressed, to encourage young people to express themselves creatively and to initiate action within their communities.
By raising awareness of the concepts of social exclusion and by nurturing the spirit of inclusion among the youth, this project aims to tackle these issues at the local community level. The project will not only focus on awareness but also on finding practical solutions to issues related to social exclusion. Participants will be encouraged to brainstorm and propose effective strategies to promote inclusion and diversity. To put their knowledge and creativity into action, participants will work on community projects designed to foster social inclusion and address local issues.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Foster Self-Empowerment: The primary objective of the project is to empower young participants by nurturing their self-awareness and self-confidence, enabling them to recognize their values, competencies, and potential.
- Promote Creative Expression: Encourage young individuals to express themselves creatively through concrete tools, such as drama and Theater of the Oppressed techniques, fostering a sense of self-expression and artistic engagement.
- Inspire Active Citizenship: Motivate young people to become active citizens who engage in their communities, take leadership roles, and work towards the betterment of society.
- Encourage Community Involvement: Engage participants in hands-on community projects designed to address local issues, instill a sense of responsibility, and facilitate their meaningful contributions to the community.
- Raise Awareness on Social Exclusion: Increase awareness among participants regarding the concepts of social exclusion and the negative impact it has on individuals and communities.
- Develop Practical Solutions: Encourage participants to brainstorm and propose effective strategies to combat social exclusion, translating awareness into tangible action plans that address local issues.
- Build a Supportive Network: Foster the development of a supportive network among project participants, promoting collaboration, shared learning, and a sense of belonging within the project community.
It is created for young people of 18 years who are open to meeting participants from other countries and have the motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a very intercultural setting. They must be able to communicate in English. Participants must attend all training sessions and actively participate in them.
Eskişehir is a dynamic and historically rich province located in the heart of Turkey. Nestled between the cities of Ankara and Istanbul, Eskişehir is known for its vibrant culture, educational institutions, and a blend of modernity with its deep-rooted historical heritage.
Eskişehir is often described as a cultural hub with a rich heritage. The city is known for its lively arts scene, including theaters, museums, and galleries. Eskişehir is also famous for its annual “Eskişehir International Film Festival,” which attracts film enthusiasts and directors from all around the world.
The city has a diverse population, and its culture reflects the coexistence of various ethnic and religious groups. This diversity is celebrated through various cultural events and festivals, making Eskişehir an inclusive and welcoming place for people from different backgrounds.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
Participants will stay in the Leto City Hotel.
The website of accommodation: https://www.letocityhotel.com/
The participants will be accommodated in shared rooms, 2-4 per room. During the stay, food will be prepared by experienced cooks, and provided at the venue. Three meals and two coffee breaks per day will be provided.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully funded
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 03.11.2023.
- Selection results: 04.11.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com