Open Call for 4 Participants for Training Course in Thessaloniki, Greece
Name of the project: “Youth Learning through the Power of Outdoor Activities”
Date of Project: 12.09.2022. – 16.09.2022.
Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
Place: Thessaloniki, Greece
Participants age: +18
The number of participants: 4
Working language: English
Deadline for applying: 05.08.2022.
This project is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus Plus Program. This publication reflects the view only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. By Erasmus+ rules organizers will cover travel costs, accommodation and food.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Activity A2 of the program POWER OUT 2.0. is about professional development activities.
As Fifty-Fifty organization, we are going to organize a training meeting in Thessaloniki, Greece. We have structured our POWER-OUT around the concepts of social inclusion and education through outdoor activities among youth. The main goal has to be achieved are the development of youth through outdoor activities, overcoming the skills gap, and reducing the radicalization of youth.
One of the central issues is considered as an activity challenge and is going to be discussed in this training session is that national education systems simply do not offer training in the skills required for the labor market, leading to thousands of unfilled positions across the continent. ETS aims to fill this gap by improving soft skills, intercultural competencies, and teamwork of youth from across the EU. That’s why POWER-OUT focuses on these values.
As a very vital project aims to address the challenges of social exclusion and marginalization of young people while raising awareness on the importance of outdoor activities as a worldwide known tool for tackling inequalities and social exclusion which gives the base of our initiative designed by young people for young people. Young people who practice outdoor activities are less likely to fall into extremism and it facilitates their inclusion, brings them the opportunity to acquire outdoor activities values as part of their educational process and allows them to feel part of a group and society.
The Objectives of POWER OUT project are:
- Raise awareness on the importance of intercultural dialogue, mutual understanding and tolerance among young Europeans of different origins
- Draw attention to the importance of social inclusion especially concerning young people from disadvantaged cultural and ethnic minority groups
- Develop young people’s skills and critical thinking to become more active, fit and health-conscious European citizens
- Make young people advocates of inclusion, tolerance, dialogue and active, healthy living in their local communities
- Provide opportunities for young people with fewer opportunities through outdoor activities-based nonformal education
Total Number of participants
Number of Participants with fewer opportunities (out of the total 4)
Social Innovation & Cohesion Institute
Economic Intelligence Center
EVROPSKE CENTRUM MLADEZE BRECLAV
EUROPEAN YOUTH CENTRE BRECLAV Z. S.
Centar za podršku lokalnog i regionalnog razvoja
ASSOCIACAO INTERCULTURAL PARA TODOS
DRUŠTVO AKADEMIJA ZA RAZVOJ MLADIH – ARM
ASOCIATIA SCOUT SOCIETY
ASSOCIATION FOR VALUABLE OPPORTUNITIES
Bosnia And Herzegovina
KIYIKOY DOGA SPORLARI KULUBU DERNEGI
TRAVEL COSTS REIMBURSEMENT
Reimbursement will be made upon full attendance of the activity, submission of Participants’ Report (this is MANDATORY) via the Beneficiary Space, and upon providing original evidence of participants’ travel:
- Travel Itinerary
- All original payment receipts of ticket purchasing and Visa where required
- All original Bus/Train tickets to/from the airport (use of TAXI or private car for use in the country of origin will NOT be covered).
- Boarding passes (in case of electronic boarding passes, you should keep a screen shot and email them to Fifty-Fifty before flying)
- Copy of ID/Passport
- Submission of Participants’ Report
People who are coming late or leaving early at the Activity will not have their travel costs refunded.
Note that if you buy your tickets in a currency different from EURO, the calculation of travel reimbursement will be calculated according to the exchange rates given on the official European Commission website for the month of the ticket purchase. All travel reimbursements will be done to the Partner Organizations’ Bank Accounts and not to each participant individually.
Participants have the following profile:
- 40 participants (4 per partner),
- aged 18+, without age limit,
- involved in working preferably with disadvantaged youth categories,
- motivated to improve their personal and professional competences as social operators specialized in promoting tolerance and awareness about youth issues and challenges among youngsters through innovative ETS and new NFE tools
- motivated to become positive ambassadors and promoters of the added values of the diversity in fighting against prejudice and intolerance
- willing to share their knowledge, skills and experience with the other participants and act as multipliers in their communities
The selection criteria of participants are:
- Facing fewer opportunities,
- In equally good evaluated applications, then the previous experience in such kind of projects will be taken into account – the participants who have never participated to an Erasmus+ project will have priority to the ones that have already been to be introduced to the European values and develop a sense of European citizenship and identity and also have the opportunity to raise their awareness of other countries and cultures.
The mobility will be in English and therefore participants should be able to communicate in English.
Intercultural Night: Participants are requested to present their home country and its culture to the group (no use of presentations, etc.) by telling a short story about it, bringing some traditional food, performing a dance or some other tradition.
Youthpass Certificates: All participants will receive a Youthpass certificate at the end of the mobility.
All Participants should:
- Send a copy of ID/Passport as it is needed for the Erasmus+ Mobility Tool, its management tool where all information about participants must be filled in
- Provide Visa information, where needed
- Reimbursement documents must be provided in original, so please do keep them in a safe place
LOCATION, TRAINING FACILITIES AND ACCOMMODATION
Training Venue: 51, Proxenou Koromila, Str, 1st Floor, 54622, Thessaloniki, Greece
The activity will take place in Thessaloniki which is the second largest city in Greece, a unique city of different cultures and civilizations; it will offer you a wonderful experience. Training will take place in the Seminar Room of Social Innovation and Cohesion Institute offices, in the city center. There is a large, fully equipped seminar room along with all necessary facilities to host a Youth Exchange.
Accommodation: To be announced
The hotel has been pre-booked and exact details of the hotel will be sent to you shortly.
Participants can arrive two days before or/and depart two days after the end of the project, however, they must cover accommodation and meals with their own budget.
In line with the Erasmus+ Programme, travel costs will be refunded according to the distances calculated using the European Commission distance calculator. The participants themselves should cover any extra costs overcoming the budget limits. To ensure the best connection and management of participants, flight tickets should be bought by the participants/sending organization.
Travel tickets should be economy class and before buying tickets inform Fifty-Fifty (send an email to [email protected] for approval) of your travel itinerary, when you will arrive and when you will depart from training. 1st class or other upper-class flight tickets, taxi costs (in country of origin) and travel agencies fees are not eligible and will not be refunded.
Airport: THESSALONIKI MAKEDONIA AIRPORT
You fly to and from Thessaloniki Makedonia Airport (https://www.skg-airport.gr/en)
To reach the city center you have to take bus No 01X just outside Arrivals. The ticket costs 1.8 EUR and you can either buy it from the kiosk near the bus stop or from the ticket machine inside the bus (please have with you 1.80 EUR coins as the machine does not take notes or gives change). This bus (No 01X) goes straight to the city center with few stops during its route.
COVID- 19 Information
Practically, all the restrictions and regulations have been waived, except of facemasks in public transport and healthcare facilities.
A PLF form prior to arrival is not required anymore. For further information, before your arrival, please visit https://travel.gov.gr/#/