Open Call for 3 Participants for Youth Exchange in Štiavnica, Slovakia
Name of the project: “Art for happy people”
Date of Project: 12.9.2022. – 20.9.2022.
Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
Place: Štiavnica, Slovakia
Participants age: +18
The number of participants: 3
Working language: English
Deadline for applying: ONGOING
This project is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus Plus Program. This publication reflects the view only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. By Erasmus+ rules organizers will cover travel costs, accommodation and food.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Along with outright injustice and violence, discrimination and marginalization are common forms of intolerance Education for tolerance should aim at countering influences that lead to fear and exclusion of others and should help young people develop capacities for independent judgment, critical thinking and ethical reasoning. Art For Happy People is an international cultural exchange which will take place in Nova Ban Slovakia Youth from 5 different countries will work 7 days in order to break some barriers and to build a bridge between them. A concept like traditionalism, stereotypes, integration regional, identity and much more would be the main topics for discussion Participants after the YE would feel much more confident to work, cooperate, and meet people from different European countries. They will realize that they share the same values and principles.
The program aims to promote tolerance, pluralism, and respect, exchange best practices and experiences of multicultural societies and encourage cross-border cooperation offers the participants an opportunity to become familiar with different countries interethnic coexistence, make valuable contacts, exchange useful experiences and training, and replicate them back home. The Youth Exchange will bring participants together from different countries to both discuss the problems they face in their respective countries in combating intolerance and to develop methods for addressing the situation. Project objectives are: I. Using the art as a cross-cultural learning and dialogue between the participants from different countries, with a view/ to promoting mutual understanding and tolerance, 2. To increase youngsters’ knowledge of different culture/history/ religion: 3. Development of creativity and involvement of young people in civil life by promoting Erasmus + opportunities among them; 4, To unite youngsters from different backgrounds, nations, and cultures to share best practices particularly in the areas of intercultural dialoque, the democratic management of social diversity and the promotion of social cohesion; 5. To learn how to respect each opinion and break stereotypes through conducting evaluation and discussion with young people from other countries; 6. To promote good neighboring relations between the EU Member and the non-EU States and to provide space for friendship and relationship through art and culture.
RESULTS, IMPACT AND EXPECTATIONS
Participants during the whole project activity will work towards organizing a big art performance in Banska. The same event will be repeated in the city centres of all partner countries. The idea is at the same time 5 countries to have the same performance in 5 different countries in Europe. All this will be shared online, trough “Facebook live” and YouTube Live”. Besides the impact on the target group and the partner organization, the greatest impact will be on the youth participating in this project. They will acquire new skills, will develop new competencies. Discrimination and marginalization are common forms of intolerance Discrimination are one of the most common forms of human rights violations and abuse. It affects millions of people every day and it is one of the most difficult to recognize. Participants will have a chance to learn the theory behind these terms to be able to recognize it and influence through art. by interacting in an inter-cultural context, by experiencing a different learning environment, the impact will be sustainable. Furthermore, participants will be able to implement the same activities in their community and to multiply the impact of the project.
- Each country group must keep a gender balance for participants.
- Participant must be strongly interested and have a background in the topic of the project.
- Participant must be ready to be fully involved in the project dissemination activities during and after the project.
- Participant must be ready to fulfill a pre-departure TASK if there will be such
- Age limits: for participants (18-28 ) / for Gruop leaders (No age limit)
AFTER THE YOUTH EXCHANGE
- Sending return tickets and boarding passes both by email (photo of return tickets and boarding passes) and post to the organizer address.
- Making a news about the Project outputs and publishing it in a web site or facebook group or any page or media and sending links to us.
- Completing mobility tool questionnaire
- Participants must have citizenship of the partner country which they come or they must have residence permit of the country.
Hostel Skautsky dom
A. Pecha 2 Banska Štiavnica 969 01
Tel.: +421 905 382 885
TRAVEL COSTS AND REIMBURSEMENT
- You must attend all the sessions and commit yourself fully to the activities.
- You have to keep all tickets, boarding passes travel/bus receipts
- Copy of residency permit document if applicable
- Copy of your passport
- Taxi is not an eligible
- Please be sure to collect the following docs to hand in on the first day of the project in the hotel;
- tickets, boarding passes, travel/bus receipts
- copy of your passport
- copy of residency permit document if applicable
- please don’t forget to write your name on the envelope