Open Call for 4 Participants for Training Course “Generating FeMale SocIal EntrepreNeurshIp”
Name of the project: “Generating FeMale SocIal EntrepreNeurshIp”
Date of Project: 11.09.2022. – 17.09.2022.
Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
Place: Thessaloniki, Greece
Participants age: +18
The number of participants: 3
Working language: English
Deadline for applying: 10.08.2022.
This project is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus Plus Program. This publication reflects the view only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. By Erasmus+ rules organizers will cover travel costs, accommodation and food.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The main aim of the project GEMINI is to promote the social entrepreneurship and digital innovation of young women. In general, women are under-represented at the highest levels of organizations, receiving lower pay and fewer promotions than men. Women face both “glass ceiling” and “sticky floor” problems -whereas the glass ceiling is an obstacle for highly educated women, the sticky floor is a problem for less-educated women.
According to the EU, female creativity and entrepreneurial potential are an under-exploited source of economic growth and jobs that should be further developed. The motivation of this project is to facilitate, educate, intricate, and reinforce women in social entrepreneurship and digital innovation, in order to acquire business fundamentals, provide finance and cost management tools in order to face both systemic and personal barriers to accessing capital. The project aims to create an online business accelerator simulator to help them access information regarding social entrepreneurship and a space for idea sharing, brainstorming and access to possible investors.
The Objectives of GEMINI project are:
- Improving the quality and effectiveness of education and training.
- Promoting equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
- Strengthening creativity and innovation, including entrepreneurship, at all levels of education and training.
- Lifelong learning and mobility.
- To support developing entrepreneurial ideas through the Business Model Canvas to achieve the goal of running new businesses as a tool of fighting youth unemployment.
- To create space for sharing knowledge and exchanging experiences & good practices in the field of entrepreneurial learning among non-formal and formal educators;
- To stimulate the concept of international and cross-sectoral cooperation in the field of entrepreneurial learning.
- To promote digital innovation.
The target groups are young women between 18 and 30 years old, and vulnerable young women who have an interest in entrepreneurship.
Participants of the Training Course of the GEMINI project have the following profile:
- 30 participants in total (3 per partner),
- aged 18+, without age limit,
- participant who are interested to implement new innovative and more efficient teaching methodologies, using innovative tools and manuals,
- youth workers who want to acquire new skills, to promote and educate young women, as well as to broaden their occupation skills by introducing Social Entrepreneurship,
- Motivated to improve their personal and professional competences as social operators specialized in promoting tolerance and awareness about youth entrepreneurship issues and challenges among youngsters,
- Partners are strongly encouraged to select participants who have never or rarely been going out of their local area, and moreover have never interacted in an intercultural environment.
PREPARATION OF PARTICIPANTS
The mobility will be in English and therefore participants should be able to communicate in English.
Intercultural Night: Participants are requested to present their home country and its culture to the group (no use of presentations, etc.) by telling a short story about it, bringing some traditional food, performing a dance or some other tradition.
Youthpass Certificates: All participants will receive a Youthpass certificate at the end of the mobility.
LOCATION, TRAINING FACILITIES AND ACCOMMODATION
Training Venue: 51, Proxenou Koromila, Str, 1st Floor, 54622, Thessaloniki, Greece
The activity will take place in Thessaloniki which is the second largest city of Greece, a unique city of different cultures and civilizations; it will offer you a wonderful experience. Training will take place in the Seminar Room of Social Innovation and Cohesion Institute offices, in the city center. There is a large, fully equipped seminar room along with all necessary facilities to host a Youth Exchange. In September, the average temperature is around 19-29oC in Thessaloniki, which allows some open-air activities to be held.
Accommodation: To be announced
The hotel has been pre booked and exact details of the hotel will be sent to you shortly. Participants can arrive two days before or/and depart two days after the end of the project, however, they must cover accommodation and meals with their own budget.
You fly to and from Thessaloniki Makedonia Airport (https://www.skg-airport.gr/en)
To reach the city center you must take bus No 01X just outside Arrivals. The ticket costs 1.8 EUR and you can either buy it from the kiosk near the bus stop or from the ticket machine inside the bus (please have with you 1.80 EUR coins as the machine does not take notes or gives change). This bus (No 01X) goes straight to the city center with few stops during its route.
COVID- 19 Information
Practically, all the restrictions and regulations have been waived, except of facemasks in public transport and healthcare facilities.
A PLF form prior to arrival is not required anymore. For further information, before your arrival, please visit https://travel.gov.gr/#/