- Name of the project: Training Course ‘’Hidden Jewels’’
- Date of Project: 16.04. – 26.04.2024.
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Hosting organization: ‘’Future in Our Hands’’
- Place: Abovyan, Armenia
- Participants age: 18+
- The number of participants: 2
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 19.02.2024.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
The project aims to empower young people by providing them with the opportunity to take part in training covering the topic of using the tourism sector to address high unemployment rates. The Training Course focuses on fostering economic growth, promoting cultural exchange, and developing skills necessary for sustainable tourism practices. The project will help participants to explore hidden or underrated landmarks from the participating countries, by identifying advantages for their promotion and deeper understanding.
The project seeks to equip young individuals with the knowledge and tools necessary to not only navigate but also contribute meaningfully to the tourism industry. By providing insights into the diverse aspects of the sector, ranging from hospitality management to sustainable tourism initiatives, the Training Course aims to foster economic growth within participating communities while also promoting cultural understanding and appreciation.
The project emphasizes the importance of developing skills that are crucial for the long-term sustainability of tourism practices. From environmental conservation to community engagement and entrepreneurship, participants will gain insights into various aspects of responsible tourism management, ensuring that their contributions to the sector are both ethically and environmentally sound.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- Empowering and engaging young people: The project aims to empower young individuals by providing them with the knowledge, resources, and opportunities to actively participate in and contribute to the tourism sector.
- Equipping young people with skills for youth motivation and change: Through the Training Course, young people will not only acquire practical skills relevant to the tourism industry but also develop essential soft skills such as leadership, communication, and teamwork.
- Fostering entrepreneurship with cultural heritage: The project recognizes the connection between cultural heritage and entrepreneurship within the tourism sector. By showcasing the potential of cultural aspects as drivers of economic growth and innovation, the project inspires young people to explore entrepreneurial opportunities rooted in their cultural heritage.
- Enhancing readiness for tourism careers: The Training Course equips participants with the practical knowledge and skills needed to pursue careers in the tourism industry.
- Developing cultural awareness and networking: The project fosters cultural awareness and appreciation among participants by encouraging them to explore and engage with diverse cultural landscapes and heritage sites.
- Utilizing tourism resources effectively: Participants learn how to identify, assess, and utilize tourism resources effectively to maximize their potential for economic, social, and environmental benefit.
- Fostering innovation and creativity: The project encourages participants to think creatively and innovatively about tourism development, challenging them to explore new ideas, technologies, and approaches to enhance visitor experiences and destination competitiveness.
- Preventing negative impacts: Recognizing the potential negative impacts of tourism on communities and the environment, the project emphasizes the importance of responsible and sustainable tourism practices.
- Youth workers, and youth leaders who are motivated to gain new skills and share them with their local community;
- Motivated to use gained knowledge and skills in further work;
- Youth workers, and youth leaders interested in tourism education and cultural heritage;
- Ready to take part in the whole training course;
- Able to communicate in the English language and open-minded.
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
‘’Future in Our Hands’’ is a youth non-governmental organization. Its general idea is to carry out socially useful activities. The members of the organization are mostly youth (students, high school pupils, etc…) and specialists in working with youth and children, united around the idea of promoting education and European 3 awareness among the youth and generally among the society, supporting people, helping people with fewer opportunities in their social integration, making youth participation in public life more active and strengthening the principles of civil society and democracy.
The main objectives of the organization cover several key areas. Firstly, it aims to implement various studies and training initiatives to support local authorities in addressing matters of public interest. Secondly, the organization seeks to foster solidarity and promote tolerance within the community. This includes encouraging public participation and strengthening connections between local groups, schools, businesses, and municipal authorities. Additionally, a significant focus is placed on engaging young people in activities related to personal and social development, particularly aiming to facilitate the social adaptation of marginalized youth communities.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & TRAVELLING
In Abovyan participants will be hosted in Hin Parvana hotel. The rooms will be shared between 2 – 3 participants.
The website of accommodation: Hin Pirvana Hotel
During the stay, food will be prepared by experienced cooks, provided at the venue. Three meals and two coffee breaks per day will be provided.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – Fully Covered
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 19.02.2024.
- Selection results: 24.02.2024.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org