- Name of the project: Long-term ESC project “Evolution without Borders”
- Date of Project: 12 months (starting in February)
- Hosting organization: “Adults for Children” Association
- Sending Organization: ”BRAVO”
- Place: Sępólno Krajeńskie, Poland
- Participants age: 18-30
- The number of participants: 1
Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 20.02.2022.
This project is supported and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme. It means that your travel costs, accommodation, and food will be fully covered if you get selected for the project. The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission nor EACEA can be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
If you are a young person aged 18 to 30, you are motivated, responsible, and ready to come to a small town and support us with your work in our facilities and the development of our community, this opportunity is for you. We do not require volunteers to have predetermined skill sets or ability to perform activities, only inquisitiveness and openness to learning new things that may be needed for the activity. We do not require advanced knowledge of English from participants, we only require that they have Basic knowledge of English and openness to learning Polish. If you are energetic, creative, open and independent, and ready to work with children, teenagers, and people with intellectual disabilities, this is the right place for you.
ACTIVITIES OF THE PROJECT
Occupational Therapy Workshops for People with Disabilities:
- help instructors with preparation and leading engagements in particular workshops (art, sartorial, exploration of life, housekeeping, D.I.Y., office, and computers
- prepare and lead engagements for their wards (volunteers will never be left alone with wards
- it will always be with the attendance of the instructor)
- assistance to wards in day-to-day activities (e.g. cleaning after their classes, help with accompanying wards to the bus stop, etc.)
- help people in a wheelchairs
- attend in keep fit and rehabilitations – attend in organized trips (day excursions and several day trips)
Therapeutic day room for children and teenagers from difficult backgrounds:
- help instructors with preparation and leading engagements for kids and youth (art, sports, outdoor games and plays, etc.);
- help with doing homework;
- prepare and lead engagements forwards (individual and in groups);
- help with day-to-day activities (e.g. cleaning after their classes); –
- attend organized trips.
Little Child and Family Center for kids from 3 months old to 3 years old:
- taking care of kids
- help instructors with leading different types of activities for kids
- taking care of children’s safety
- watching and playing in the playground
- help with feeding, dressing, and changing children’s clothes
ABOUT HOSTING ORGANIZATION
“Adults for Children” Association is a non-profit organization. We have started our activities in 1999. We work for children, youth, adults, and people with disabilities. Main areas of activity: education and social assistance as well as information and culture. We run: Non-public Teacher Training Center (NPDN), Occupational Therapy Workshop (WTZ), Commune Information Center (GCI), Tourist Information Point and Consultation and Prevention Point for Counteracting Drug Addiction, Little Child and Family Center, which houses a nursery school and a Toddler Club. Our everyday work is focused on providing a wide range of activities aimed at local community development not only in our institutions but also during organized events and projects. As part of the Youth in Action and Erasmus + Programmes, we organized (and still organize) international trainings for youth workers and teachers as well as Youth Exchanges. So far, we have organized around 20 such training, however, our greatest achievement in the field of international cooperation is projects of mobility of volunteers. For more than 17 (from 2005) years, we’ve been a part of this program as a hosting, sending, and coordinating organization. So far, we have hosted 81 volunteers.
WHAT PROGRAM OFFERS?
- Polish language classes: Lessonsinf polish language will be led by a professionally active teacher, Lessons are going to have individual character.
- Food/pocket money (about 100 € per month). Every month volunteers are going to receive pocket money (4 € per day) for their expenses.
- Working hours: The volunteer’s work should not exceed 36 hours per week. Work 5 days a week (Monday to Friday). For every month of work, each of them can get two extra days free. They can cumulate the days and take longer holidays. All Volunteers will work in 3 different facilities.
- Accommodation: Volunteers are going to be ensured with separate flats in a block of flats. We have 2 flats for volunteers with 3 separate bedrooms (one separate room for each volunteer). Volunteers will be provided with standard equipment and essential household goods.
- Travel cost refund: The travel budget is 275 Euros. The travel calculations are based on the distance calculator of the European Commission.
ABOUT THE TOWN
Sępólno Krajeńskie – a town in north-western Poland in the KuyavianPomeranian Voivodeship, located by a lake with a beautiful beach among numerous forests. You will be able to take advantage of numerous tourist and bicycle trails. Although everywhere in our city is very close, a walk will be a pure pleasure. The population of the city is about 9,000 people.
TRAVEL AND COST LIMITS:
Bosnia and Herzegovina – 257€ per volunteer
How to apply?
- Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM with in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 on deadline day.
- Deadline for applying: 20.03.2023.
- Selection results: 24.02.2023.
- PARTICIPATION FEE: NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org