- Name of the project: “Use to reuse”
- Date of Project: 20.06.2022 – 22.07.2022.
- Hosting organization: “YOUTH CENTRE DOMŽALE ”
- Sending organizations: “BRAVO“
- Place: Dob, Slovenia
- Participants age: + 18
- The number of participants : Optional
- Working language: English
- Deadline for applying: 28.05.2022
This project is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus Plus Program. This publication reflects the view only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. By Erasmus+ rules organizers will cover travel costs, accommodation and food.
We are looking for volunteers, who are motivated to work with others to accomplish collective goals, are creative, prepared to do some physical work and care for the environment. You will create new things we can use from old furniture, clothes, jewellery etc. You will use it and reuse it to make it useful again. Volunteering hours will add up to 35 hours per week. Activities will be diverse and a good learning opportunity for volunteers.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to meet other volunteers included in the project and connect with local youth.
The responsibilities of volunteers will be:
– Collecting and designing DIY ideas and making them happen.
– Collecting old and used material, renovating it and make it usable again.
– Designing and renovating one room in the youth centre with the help
of local youngsters, by using furniture and other things renovated beforehand.
– Taking part in the training held by the centre for reusing.
– Promoting the project and the youth centre in local environment.
– Preparing their own activities/projects, which will depend on the interest of the volunteers.
– Working with graphic design (knowledge of the graphic programmes is not necessary).
– Promotion of international programmes in the local environment.
– Promotion of the programme of the youth centre (taking photos, making posters etc.)
– Working and collaborating with 11 other volunteers included in the project.
– Promotion of volunteer’s culture.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Voulnteers should be:
– fluent in English
– prepared to collect some creative ideas on how to reuse old things, put them to work and make them happen,
– flexible in working hours (35 hours per week, mornings and afternoons, occasionally also weekends),
– prepared to do some physical work,
– would like to spend time with local youth and other participants.
ESC projects represent a big learning opportunity for volunteers.
During this project volunteers will:
– get to know European solidarity corps and Youthpass;
– learn, what you can do with used material to preserve our enviorment,
– reflect on the competences gained during the project and make a self-assesment before and after the project;
– learn how to organise your work;
– learn dif erent non-formal learning and reflection methods;
– learn how to work in a groups and in intercultural environment;
– improve communication in English;
– gain social competences.
If you are still hesitating, we have a good news. As a volunteer all of the expenses are covered by the project. You will get:
– money for the transportation (to Slovenia and local transport to come to work);
– accomodation in hostel (including linen and towels);
– money for food expanses (180 euros);
– pocket money (4 euros/day)
Volunteers will be accomodated in the hostel Hiša na travniku, which is located in Dob. The distance to the Youth Center and the centre of Domžale is approxiametly 10-15 minutes with the bus or 40 minutes by foot.
In each of the rooms there will be maximum 3 volunteers. The showers and toilets are shared. There is also a small terace and a large common room with the kitchen and TV. Free wi-fi is provided in the hostel.
Weather in Slovenia:
September in Slovenia can be tricky. It can still be summer with more than 25 degrees C. And on the other side, we can already have proper autumn with chilly mornings and evening, Please have in mind to bring both – warm and summer clothes.
Travel plan will be make with BRAVO organization.