Kick-off Meeting in Bulgaria,
“Learning through mobility of sports’ volunteers” (MOVING) is a Small Collaborative Partnership in the field of Sport aiming to support the mobility of volunteers, coaches, managers and staff of nonprofit sport organizations.
The target group will be people aged 18+ interested in volunteering to explore the possibility of a career in sport as well as to further strengthen their competencies. The project seeks to answer the priority European policy challenge of supporting volunteering in the field of Sport as a vehicle of employability, economic growth and social engagement.
The partnership represents 4 countries (5 partners) at the bottom of the chart for volunteering in sports in Europe, with stable trends in the period 2013-2018 – Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Italy and Portugal.
On July 20, 2021, an initial meeting was held in Bulgaria. The realization of the “MOVING” project officially started with this meeting
MOVING will put in place activities to reach these objectives:
- Support the mobility of volunteers, coaches, managers and staff of non-profit sport organizations;
- Creation of a European network to facilitate the possibility for volunteers and NGOs build their own experience in the field of sports via mobility;
- Fostering professional quality, attractiveness and operational results of grassroots sport organizations through exchange of best practices and development of quality professionalism of staff and volunteers through non-formal education and e-learning.
The project seeks to answer the priority European policy challenge of supporting volunteering in the field of Sport as a vehicle of employability, economic growth and social engagement.
- Design a Research about volunteers condition, what are the activities and fields that attract most volunteers and which are the ones that prepare the most to enter the labor market in the field of Sport, other than moving patterns of volunteers across the European countries involved in the project. The European dimension of research will allow partners to achieve a wider outline of the geographical variation of the challenge as well as analyze and compare different best practices on its countering in sport and through sport;
- Develop and pilot a Training Course Format for the empowerment of volunteers across 4 countries. The Format will be based on the results achieved in research and will be piloted in 4 European countries, thereby empowering a cluster of interconnected operators;
- Raise awareness (online as well as offline activities) targeted at the audience of young people as well as stakeholders within and outside the field of sport;
- Develop a publication in multiple language encompassing the whole process and results achieved in the activities across partner countries. The publication will be a useful resource for organizations in the fields of sport, NGO and beyond interested in boosting volunteering in sport as a vehicle of employability, economic growth and social engagement.
The project “MOVING” is co-financed by the Erasmus + program of the European Union.