The project will ensure the educational mobility of coaches and other staff of sport organizations (incl. volunteers) linked to professional and grassroots sport. The 4 modules of mobility, held in each one of the partners countries with the same group of participants from the project target group will improve their competences as well as their qualifications and acquire new skills through learning mobility and spending a period of time in a foreign country (in and outside of the EU). The learning mobility will be an investment in human capital and a contribution to the capacity building of sport organizations with clear focus on building a network of well-trained sport diplomats.
Four partner organizations are involved in the project – Bulgarian sports development association – coordinator and initiator of the academy, Rijeka Sports Association, Croatia, the Italian sports organization “ENDAS” and BRAVO – a NGO from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Expected results of the Sport Diplomacy Academy:
• 80 “diplomats in sport suits” (20 from each partner country) aimed at achieving European integration in the Western Balkan countries through sport;
• National, regional and local dissemination events (involving at least 400 people) – multiplier effect of acquired skills and knowledge;
• Platform for the development of sport in the Western Balkans – a practical tool for EU resources and values in the field of sport, with a focus on sports diplomacy and good governance in sport.
Learning objectives of the #SportDiplomacyAcademy are:
After the implementation of the project mobility, each of the partner countries will have at least 20 well-trained diplomats in sport suits, with practical skills and knowledge in the field of sports diplomacy (political dialogue and international relations, campaigning, successful verbal and non-verbal communication, public speaking, media, protocol and etiquette, EU foreign policy and values). The network that the project will create (4 countries with 20 participants from each country) will focus on supporting and developing the integration of the Western Balkans in the field of sport and will be a quality provider of EU values in the local environment.
The profile of the participants:
- Sport leaders; Sport coaches; Sport administrators; Students in sport sciences Active young people, involved in sport.
- Be motivated to develop their competencies in #SportDiplomacy;
- Already have experience in working in sport field;
- Be able to act as a multiplier in our local community, ensuring the snowfall effect;
- Be committed to attend for the full duration of the Sport Diplomacy Academy – 4 modules in the period 2019-2020;
- Able to speak in English, basic level of language knowledge is required in order that the participant feels comfortable during the event.
N.B. The mentioned action DO NOT involves athletes and mobility of athletes is not possible.
N.B. Participation is all 4 Modules are obligatory.
Participants needs, connected to the topic:
– Ability to gain new knowledge and skills in promotion of #SportDiplomacy principles;
– New tools and practices to use in their work in sport field, related to # SportDiplomacy;
– Exchange practices and ideas with sport experts from other countries.