BRAVO announces a call for 5 participants for Youth Exchange in Sakarya, Turkey from 28.04 – 06.05.2019. for B&H citizens and those living in B&H.
Name of project: “RIVERS FLOW INTO LIFE”
Date of Seminar: 28.04.2019 – 06.05.2019.Organizer: “Kargenc Club TURKEY”
Place: Sakarya, Turkey
Participants: 4 (16 – 24 years old ) + 1 (no age limit)
Working language: English
Deadline for applying: 28.0.2019.
Youth Exchange is a project under Erasmus+ program what means that YE is under Erasmus+ rules. Accommodation, food and travel costs (275€ limit) will be covered by organizers.
‘Rivers Flow Into Life’ is a Youth Exchange project. It builds with the participation of the eight partners including two partners from Turkey, a partner from each following countries; Germany, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain and the Czech Republic.
The project will cover 32 young people between the ages of 15-24, 1 facilitator expert and 8 leaders (Kargenc Club 4 + 1 + 1, other partners 4 + 1). Our project includes the Youth Exchange activities which are implemented between April 27 and May 04, 2019 in Sakarya province in Turkey. The pollution of the rivers and the inability to prevent it cause the ecological balance to deteriorate and the risk to live areas. The rapid growth of settlements, the associated infrastructure deficiencies, the increasing amount of waste and the insensitivity of the society in this regard take this risk even more serious. As a result of this situation, the daily work or education stress, hobby areas that are decreasing or contaminated, hence the weakness of communication in social sense, indifference to social problems and awareness of social responsibility. In time people come to the point of ‘what can I do on my own. Will I clean the huge rivers or parks?’ With this project, young people are expected to acquire skills to develop responsibility for environmental problems, to raise awareness in their own environment and to raise awareness of protection of water resources in particular.
In our project, we will use common and standardized methods (teamwork, individual work, case studies, visits and interviews, reports, workshops, analysis, outdoor activities, exercise activities, games, evaluation sessions and feedback) to provide active participation. In addition, we will increase our ability to share perspectives within the scope of Erasmus + Program and to develop new projects.
The objectives of the Youth Exchange are as follows:
- Sharing information on cleaning and protection of water resources and environment workshops, visits and seminars for the participants.
- To create awareness with different perspectives on the protection of rivers and the fight against environmental pollution.
- To give messages that will affect indirect participants and local people about the protection of rivers and the cleanliness of the environment.
- To provide young people with a habit of living for active citizenship and healthy life along with the environmental awareness of outdoor activities to be done by the river.
- To inspire the institutions concerned with sustainable practices with respect to the protection of rivers and environmental pollution.
- To contribute to the development of English levels.
- To develop cooperation between participants by recognizing Erasmus + key actions and the youthpass tool in more detail.
- Presentation of culture.
The following activities will be implemented in which young people participate actively and active training methods are used more:
- Workshops and seminars,
- Exhibition organization
- Village and school visits
- Artistic works from waste materials,
- Poster, board, t-shirt painting and slogan works,
- Environmental cleaning and hiking
- ‘Carry your future in a cloth bag ’activity
- Visiting Sakarya municipality Wastewater treatment facility
- Exercise activities,
- Cultural food and dance will be introduced.
- Cultural nights to introduce the partner countries
When you buy your ticket, please look at the below explanation for travel costs:
The cost for you travel will be covered by the EU financing max. of 275€ for Bosnia, Germany, Czech Republic, Lithuania–max.360 € for Spain— max. 530€ for Portugal (per participant).
For the travel reimbursement, every participant has to keep all of the tickets and invoices!!!
***ATTENTION!: Remember that your travel dates are 28th April and 6th May. You can stay in Turkey maximum 2 more days either in the beginning of the training course or at the end of the Youth Exchange. But you will be responsible for the cost of your food and accommodation in extra days.
HOW TO ARRIVE TO SAKARYA?
- From Atatürk Airport to Sakarya (around 100 km – Duration:2-5 hours):
You should take metro from the airport and leave the train after 10 stops to reach the intercity coach terminal called ESENLER Coach Terminal. (5 TL) (1 € approximately)
At the coach terminal find SAKARYA VİB bus firm and it will take you directly to Sakarya (50TL) (10 € app.)
Departure Hours: per 30 min.
- From Sabiha Gökçen Airport (SAW) to Sakarya (around 100 km – Duration: 1 hour):
There are shuttle services from this airport to our city Sakarya called ‘TanrıverdiSeyahat’.
For reservation and information please contact us when you landed to the airport. We will lead you.
- New Airport was built in Istanbul. No more flights, but it’ll be in April. If you get a ticket there, I’ll share additional information.
HOW TO APPLY?
Complete the BRAVO- APPLICATION FORM in English title as following ”name of the project you are applying for” until 23:59 at 28.01.2019.
Deadline for applying: 28.01.2019.
Selection results: up to 01.02.2019.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]bih.com